Are you a website publisher or a blogger and want to monetize your WordPress website/blog with Google AdSense? You’re in the right place. We will guide you step-by-step to How to signup for Google AdSense and How to add AdSense Code into your WordPress theme.
Google AdSense is the most popular free online earning program that pays you certain amount of money for every genuine click depending on the location and CPC(Cost-Per-Click) of keywords. There are millions of bloggers and web publishers who have monetized their blogs with Google AdSense and making money.
Once you application is submitted to Google AdSense it reviews your website/blog and sends you an email within a week or two whether your website is approved or not. If your website is rejected you can apply to Google AdSense again by making the necessary changes to your website.
- Open the official website of Google AdSense.
- Click the “Get started” button.
- Select your “Country or Territory”.
- Tick the checkbox that says, “Yes, I have read and accept the agreement” to accept Terms and Conditions.
- Click “Create Account”.
- Enter your “Payment address details” correctly.
- Make sure to provide the correct address because once your Google Adsense account is approved they mail a verification pin to your address. When you receive this pin at your mailing address you have to add in Google AdSense account.
- In the “Account type”, choose Individual.
- Enter your City name.
- Enter the Postal Code of your city.
- Click “Submit”.
- Here you have to verify your phone number. Google AdSense requires a verified phone number for access.
- You have two options to receive verification code in your phone i.e Text message and Voice call.
- Use the International format corresponding to your country while entering your phone number like +92, +14. For example, “03132568786” is a Pakistani phone number, after adding Pakistan’s international code it will be “+923132568786 “. You can see that the first digit has been replaced with “+92”.
- Click the “Get Verification Code” to receive the code.
- Now in order to connect your website to Google AdSense you have to paste the AdSense code between your website-theme’s head tags <head> <head/>.
- Once you add this code into your website theme you have to return to this page and click “I’ve pasted the code into my site”. So DON’T CLOSE THIS PAGE.
- In the below steps you will learn how to add this AdSense Code into your WordPress theme.
- Login to your WordPress Admin Section.
- Though you can directly add the AdSense Code into your WordPress theme, but it is not recommended, so we are adding the AdSense Code via a plugin.
- Click Plugins from your Sidebar.
- Click “Add New” button.
- Type the “insert headers and footers” into plugin search bar.
- It will list you lot of relevant plugins, but we will recommend you to install the plugin “Insert Headers and Footers”.
- Click “Install Now” to install the plugin.
- To open the plugin click “Settings”.
- Click “Insert Headers & Footers”.
- Go back to AdSense Page and copy the code.
- Now “Paste” the AdSense Code under the “Scripts in Header” section as we have shown in the picture.
- Scroll down to bottom and click “Save”.
- You can see that the Settings have been Saved and the code is highlighted.
- Now go back to AdSense Page.
- Click the checkbox that says, “I’ve pasted the code into my site”.
- Click the “Done”.
- You will be redirected to your AdSense account.
- You will see most of your AdSense menu items inactive because your account is not approved and website is under review.
- Normally it takes few days, but in some cases it can take up to 2 weeks . You will be notified by email whether your website is approved or not.
- You can sign into your AdSense account to check the status.
Once your website is approved you will have a full access to your Google AdSense account where you can see and mange your ads, account settings, reports, payment settings etc. The Google AdSense offers two payment methods i.e Wire Transfer & Check. Wire Transfer means your earnings are sent directly to you bank account.
If you like this post then don’t forget to share with other people. Share your feedback in the comments section below.