How To SignUp & Use Free Google Keyword Planner | Google Keyword Research
The Google Keyword Planner is a free tool to discover (1) New keywords related to your business/website (2) Estimates of the searches they receive and the cost to target them (3) Average monthly searches (4) Competition i.e High, Medium, Low and much more..
If you are a content creator like a blogger or web publisher and want to monetize your blog with Google AdSense, Keyword research tools help you to find a right and profitable niche for your website and also the right keywords for your blog posts.
The most relevant thing on Google Keyword Planner for bloggers and web publishers is “Average” Monthly Searches”. It gives them an idea like how a keyword is searched on Google and the average monthly search volume for a keyword.
Bid rates vary from location to location and keyword to keyword. In the first world countries like United States, UK, Australia etc, bid rates of keywords are high as compare to countries like India, Pakistan, etc. It means that if you get ad clicks from first world countries you earn more money.
There are plenty of SEO & keyword research tools in the market like SEMrush, Adzooma etc, but they are not free. If you can’t afford them why not use Google Keyword Planner for free.
Signing-up for Google Ads and accessing the Google Keyword Planner tool is bit trickier and often people sign-in for Google Ads and stuck in the next step. They get confused like what to do next because Google Ads asks you to create a Campaign and presents you different options, which you have nothing to do because you are only interested to use the free Google Keyword Planner tool.
- Open Google Ads Official Page.
- Click Sign-In.
- Click “NEW GOOGLE ADS ACCOUNT”.
- If you are already Signed-in with your Gmail account, the sign-in step will be skipped and you will be redirected to this page.
- If you are not already signed-in it will ask you to enter your email and sign in.
- Click “Switch to Expert Mode” link.
- Click “Create an account without a campaign” link.
- Choose & confirm your Business Information.
- Don’t worry you don’t have to pay anything.
- Click SUBMIT.
- You have successfully signed-up now.
- Click “EXPLORE YOUR CAMPAIGN”.
- Click “TOOLS & SETTINGS” icon at top right-corner.
- Click “Keyword Planner”.
- Click “Discover new keywords” option.
- Choose “START WITH KEYWORDS”.
- Type your keyword or keywords, whatever you want.
- You can also change the location here. It is better to choose the location of target audience.
- Click “Get Results”
It will show you lot of information here. Mostly information here is for advertisers who want to run PPC campaigns. If you are a web publisher or a blogger the most important thing for you is “Avg. monthly searches”.
Here we have searched a keyword “blogging”. The location is Pakistan. You can see that there are very low bid rates for the keyword “blogging” in Pakistan.
- Avg. monthly searches tells you the search volume for a keyword. It shows the average number of searches for a keyword and its close variants based on the month range as well as the location and Search Network settings you selected. You can use this information to see how popular your keywords are during different times of the year.
- Competition tells you how competitive ad placement is for a keyword, specific to the location and Search Network targeting options that you’ve selected. The level of competition i.,e Low, Medium, or High is determined by the number of advertisers bidding on each keyword relative to all keywords across Google.
- Top of page bid(low range) tells you the lower range of what advertisers have historically paid for a keyword’s top of page bid, based on your location and Search Network settings. The average CPC of your keywords may vary.
- Top of page bid(high range) tells you the higher range of what advertisers have historically paid for a keyword’s top of page bid, based on your location and Search Network settings. The average CPC of your keywords may vary.
- You can see that the “Top of page bid(low range)” for keyword “insurance” is $16.09(2693.94 PKR.) and the higher range is $61.52(10,296.91 PKR). You can also see that for keyword “car insurance” the higher range is $153.89(25759.03 PKR).
- You must have noticed that the keywords that have higher bid rates there is HIGH competition and where the bid rates are low there is LOW competition.
- There are lot of other things to explore on Google Keyword Planner. If you like this post then don’t forget to share with other people. Share your feedback in the comments section below.
Find Best Keyword Research Experts Here