Do you want to connect your WordPress website with Google AdSense and view your Google AdSense stats like earnings, clicks, impressions, RPM etc, on WordPress dashboard? You are in the right place, we will guide you step-by-step to how to connect your Google AdSense account to your WordPress site, so that you will be able to display Google ads on it.
As you know that by default WordPress does not provide you the feature to directly connect AdSense from your dashboard, so in order to display auto Google ads on your website and view AdSense stats like earnings, ad clicks, RPM, CPC etc, on your dashboard, you need to install a plugin.
There are many WordPress plugins for displaying Google ads on your website that you can use, but here we are guiding you to how to use Site Kit by Google plugin.
Site Kit is a powerful and secure free WordPress plugin for connecting services such as Google Search Console, Google Analytics, PageSpeed Insights, Google AdSense, Optimize(For Creating A/B Tests) and Tag Manager, to WordPress.
In this tutorial we will cover following topics:
- How To Install Site Kit by Google
- How To SignUp/Apply For Google AdSense
- How To Connect Site Kit To AdSense
- How To Insert AdSense Ad Units In WordPress
How To Install Site Kit
How To SignUp/Apply For AdSense
Before you go through this tutorial you must have a Google AdSense account linked to your website. It does not matter whether your website is approved for monetization or not, if you have added your website in your AdSense account you can still connect AdSense to Site Kit.
How To Connect Site Kit To AdSense
- Click “Site Kit”.
- Click “CONNECT MORE SERVICES” tab.
- Click “Set up AdSense”.
- It will take few seconds to connect.
- It is telling you that you are already using AdSense.
- Drag the slider towards right that says, “Let Site Kit place AdSense code on your site to get your approved”.
- Click “CONTINUE”.
- Now Site Kit wants you to do two things (1) Enable auto ads for your site (2) Verified that your site is marked as “Ready”.
- Click the “Enable auto ads for your site” link.
- In your AdSense dashboard, click “Ads”.
- Click “Overview”.
- You can see that the Auto ads have been turned on.
- Now go back to Site Kit.
- You will see the status of your website like, it is “Ready” or it is “Getting Ready”.
- Here you can see that the site is not yet approved for monetization. It’s status is “Getting ready…”, but don’t worry you can still connect AdSense to Site Kit.
- Go back to Site Kit.
- Click “CONTINUE”.
- To access your AdSense dashboard click Site Kit.
- Click “AdSense”.
- You can also see the “AdSense is connected” status.
- Currently it is showing you the “No ad impressions yet” because the website has not been approved yet by AdSense. As soon as your website is approved you will see the stats here.
- You can also see here, the overview of your AdSense stats and earnings like RPM, Total Earnings, Ad Impressions, etc.
- Since this site is not approved yet, so it is not showing anything.
- Login to your AdSense account.
- Click “Ads”.
- Click “Overview”.
- Click “By ad unit”.
- Click “Display ads”.
- At top enter the name of ad unit, it could be anything.
- There are three types of ads i.e Square, Horizontal and Vertical. Choose the type according to the position where you want to display the ad. Here we have chosen “Vertical” because we want to display ad on sidebar. If you want to display ad on header choose “Horizontal”.
- In “Ad size” you can enter a size. Normally we choose “Responsive” because it is the recommended ad size and can adjust its size whatever space is available.
- Click the “Create” button to generate the code.
- Click “Appearance”.
- Click “Widgets”.
- Select the “Custom HTML” widget and drag it to Sidebar.
- Paste the AdSense ad unit code that you have copied into the widget’s content area.
- Click “Save”.
- Click “Done”.
- You can move the position of the widget up and down.
- If you want to add more AdSense ad units repeat the steps again.
- Similarly you can place individual AdSense ad units at any position of your website.
If you like this post then don’t forget to share with other people. Share your feedback in the comments section below.
- How To Increase Google AdSense Revenue – 8 Tips | Understand RPM, CTR & CPC
- Affiliate Marketing Vs Google AdSense: Which One Is Best & Profitable?
- How To SignUp & Use Free Google Keyword Planner | Google Keyword Research