How To Configure WP Mail SMTP For Sendinblue Mailer – WordPress
Is your WordPress default PHP Mail Function not sending your emails? Are you unable to properly configure the WP Mail SMTP plugin for sending emails? Are you getting, “There was an error trying to send your message. Please try again later”? Are you getting “There was a problem while sending the test email”? You’re in the right place.
We will guide you step-by-step on how to install WordPress WP Mail SMTP plugin and how to configure the WP Mail SMTP for Sendinblue mailer.
WP Mail SMTP reconfigures the PHP function wp_mail() instead of the default PHP function mail() to use Gmail, Outlook, Sendinblue, SMTP.com, SendGrid etc. It creates an options page to manage the settings.
Sendinblue is one of the email services recommended by WP Mail SMTP. Sendinblue sends over 30 million emails each day. It offers 3 plans, one free and two paid. The free plan offers 300 free emails per day which is enough for any normal site. In case if your website needs more than 300 emails each day you can buy one of the other plans.
Why you need third-party plugins and email services for sending emails in WordPress?
- By default WordPress uses PHP mail function to send emails generated by WordPress or contact forms. Now the problem is that most of the WordPress hosting companies don’t have their servers properly configured for sending PHP emails. If the proper authentication isn’t there, then emails either go in the SPAM folder or don’t get delivered at all. Because of spam email issues WordPress allows to use third-party plugins like WP Mailer SMTP and mailers like SMTP.com, Sendinblue etc, to send emails.
- How To Install WP Mail SMTP Plugin
- How To Configure Sendinblue Mailer In WordPress
How To Install WP Mail SMTP Plugin
- Login to your WordPress Admin section.
- Click “Plugins”.
- Click “Add New” button.
- In the plugin search bar, type “wp mail”.
- The search results will list “WP Mail SMTP by WPForms” along with other SMTP plugins like Post SMTP Mailer, Jetpack, Easy WP SMTP etc. The WP Mail SMTP by WPForms is the most popular and best SMTP plugin that helps WordPress email delivery issues.
- Click “Install Now” button of “WP Mail SMTP by WPForms”.
- Click the “Activate” button.
- The WP Mail SMTP plugin is installed successfully.
- Now follow the below steps to configure WP Mail SMTP for Sendinblue Mailer.
Configure WP Mail SMTP For Sendinblue
- Click the “WP Mail SMTP” from your sidebar.
- In the “From Email” enter your business email, means email created with your domain name e.g “firstname.lastname@example.org”. If you don’t know how to create business/private email read this tutorial: How To Create Email Account With Domain Name – Business Email | For Beginners.
- Tick “Force From Email” checkbox.
- In the “From Name” enter your name or company’s name.
- Scroll down to choose a mailer.
- Here you can see lot of mailers such as Default PHP, SMTP.com, Mailgun, SendGrid, Amazon SES, Gmail, Outlook, Zaho Mail & Other SMTP, but “WP Mail SMTP” recommends only two mailers i.e SMTP.com & Sendinblue.
- Choose “Sendinblue”.
- Once you choose “Sendinblue” scroll down and click the “Get Sendinblue Now (Free)“.
- Enter your email in the textbox. This email is for creating Sendinblue account so you can use any of your email.
- Click “Sign up for free”.
- Fill your Personal Information.
- Fill your Company Information.
- In the “Company / Organization” enter your website’s name like Meer’s World, if you don’t have a company or organization .
- Once you fill the information Tick the “I accept to the terms and services and Anti Spam Policy of Sendinblue” and click “Complete my profile”.
- The Sendinblue will send a code to your phone number.
- Enter that code number to validate your phone number.
- Here you can see different plans. If you want a customize plan there is Enterprise plan as well.
- To continue with the free plan click “Continue with a Free plan”. The Free Plan offers 300 free emails each day. It supports Unlimited Contacts, Email campaigns, Transactional emails & CRM.
- You can upgrade to other plans later if it requires.
- You will be redirected to your Sendinblue account.
- Click your Username/Account Name located at the top right corner.
- Click “SMTP & API”.
- Copy your “API KEY”. Don’t close your Sendinblue account as you have to return there.
- Go back to your WordPress Admin dashboard.
- Click the “WP Mail SMTP”.
- Scroll down to bottom and Paste your copied “API KEY” in the “API key” textbox.
- Click the “Save Settings”.
- Now go back to your Sendinblue account.
- From the sidebar click “Settings”.
- Now move to “Your Senders & Domains” box and click “Continue”.
- Enter your domain name without www like “abc.com”.
- Tick the, “I would like to use this domain name to digitally sign my emails(SPF, DKIM, DMARC)”.
- Click “SAVE”.
- Now Sendinblue wants to authenticate your domain.
- You have to copy the 4 TXT Records from this page and add in your website’s DNS Zone, so DON’T CLOSE this page.
- In the next steps we will guide you to how to add these 4 Records in your website’s DNS Zone.
- Login to your cPanel via the URL provided to you by your web hosting provider. It will be similar to “https://www.cpanel.xyz.com”. Instead of “xyz.com” there will be your website domain. HostGator’s cPanel is accessed by the URL similar to this “https://gator1111.hostgator.com:2083“
- Enter your Username & Password.
- Click “Log in” to access your cPanel.
- Scroll down to “Domains” section.
- Click the “Zone Editor”. In some cPanels it could be “DNS Settings” instead of “Zone Editor” so don’t get confused.
- Your website domain will be listed there.
- Click the “MANAGE” button.
- Click the “+ ADD RECORD” dropdown list.
- Click the ‘Add “TXT” Record’.
- Now go back to Sendinblue domain authentication page where you last left.
- You have to copy two things for every TXT Record here i.e Name & Record.
- The text contained inside the quotation marks ” ” as highlighted in the smaller box is the Name of the Record. For instance for the first Record the Name is “mail._domainkey.abc.com”.
- The Record is highlighted in the larger box.
- Copy Record and Name one by one and add in the TXT Record as shown in the next step.
- Once you paste the Name & Record click “ADD RECORD” button.
- Now go back to Sendinblue’s domain authentication page.
- Click the “RECORD ADDED. PLEASE VERIFY IT.” button.
- Once Sendinblue verifies the record you will see a “configured” status at top of the record.
- Now repeat the process for remaining 3 “TXT Records”.
- You can see here that we have added all the 4 “TXT Records in the DNS Zone Editor.
- This is the Sendinblue domain authentication page, you can see that all the 4 TXT Records have been added and verified successfully.
- Scroll down to bottom and click “I’M DONE”.
- You can see that the domain has been Authenticated.
- Now go back to your WordPress Admin and click “WP Mail SMTP”.
- Click the “Email Test” tab.
- You will see the EMAIL DELIVERY ERROR:
- To remove this error you need to send an email to Sendinblue Support (email@example.com) and request them to activate your account.
- Include the following content in your email:
- Once you send the activation-request email to Sendinblue, wait for their reply. Once they reply and confirm that they have activated your Sendinblue account, refresh your “Email Test” tab and send a Test Email again.
- Now here you can see that the test email has been sent successfully. It means that Sendinblue has activated our account.
- Here we have opened our mailbox. You can see that the test email has been received successfully.
- Now go to your website’s Contact Us page and send an email.
- We sent an email from website’s Contact Us page to one of our email address. You can see that it has been sent successfully.
- If email is not sent WPForm Contact Us page shows this error, “There was an error trying to send your message. Please try again later.”
If you like this post then don’t forget to share with other people. Share your feedback in the comments section below.