Claim your website on Pinterest is actually your website verification, means it confirms that you are the owner of a website. After successfully claiming your website you can use Pinterest Analytics.
The profile picture of your Pinterest account will be shown with all your Pins that comes from your site. A small Globe Icon having a Tick over it will appear next to your website URL.
There are two ways to verify your website on Pinterest. One by Adding HTML Tag and second, by Uploading HTML File. One Pinterest account can claim only one website and one website cannot be claimed by more than one Pinterest account.
In this tutorial we will guide you step-by-step on how to claim a website on Pinterest:
- By Adding HTML Tag
- By Uploading HTML File
How To Claim Website On Pinterest
- Click three vertical dots at top-right corner.
- Click Edit settings.
- Click Claim from sidebar.
- Enter your website URL in “Claim your website” textbox.
- Click Claim.
- If you are using a blogging platform follow Option 1 and if your website is hosted on a web hosting like Bluehost, GoDaddy follow the Option 2.
1. Claim Website By Adding HTML Tag
If you are using a blogging platform like Blogger, WordPress, Wix etc you have to verify by Adding HTML Tag because you can’t upload files there. Meta tag is inserted in your blog theme.
- Choose Add HTML tag
- Copy your HTML tag.
- Click Next.
- Don’t click Submit before you Paste the code on your blog theme.
- Paste the copied tag somewhere in between <head> and </head> tags in your blog theme. Blogs theme is your index.html file.
- Here we will guide you to how to add HTML tag on Blogger. In the same way you can add HTML tag on WordPress, Wix, Prestashop, StoreEnvy, Weebly, Zenfolio, etc.
- Sign in to Blogger.
- Click Theme.
- Click Edit HTML
- <head> tag is located at the top of your theme.
- Now under the <head> tag in your theme Paste the HTML tag. Head section starts with <head> and ends with </head>.
- Save your Theme.
- Go back to Pinterest “Submit for review” step & click Submit.
- You will see a message that “We’re checking your site and will email you in the next 24 hours.”
- You don’t need to wait for 24 hours. Just refresh this page again, if it verifies your website you will see a green tick. It sends you email as well.
- You can see that a website has been verified successfully.
- You can Unclaim by clicking Unclaim button.
- Now go to your Pinterest profile. You will see a Globe Icon and a Tick over it.
2. Claim Website By Uploading HTML File
If your website is hosted on a web hosting like HostGator, Bluehost, GoDaddy, HostMetro etc then you have to upload HTML File on your web server at the root directory(public_html). You can upload the HTML file using your CPanel or via ftp server like FileZila. Public_html is a folder which contains the content of your website.
- On “Pick claim option” choose Upload HTML file.
- Click Download.
- A popup box will appear.
- Choose Save File.
- Click OK.
- The file will be saved on your computer.
- Click Next.
- Now upload your HTML file on your web server at root folder(public_html).
- Once you upload your file go back to “Submit for review” step and click Submit.
- Refresh the page as we have shown in the Option 1 to check the Green Tick.
- In the same way you can claim your Instagram, Facebook, YouTube etc on Pinterest.
- 25 Best Niche Ideas For Pinterest 2020 & Beyond | Profitable Niche Ideas
- 5 Simplest Ways To Make Money With Pinterest | Earn Money Online
- Pinterest: How To Add/Create Or Upgrade To A Free Business Account – Step By Step
- How To Create Boards & Pins On Pinterest | Learn How To Use Pinterest
- Complete Blogger/Blogspot Tutorials – Step By Step | Widgets, SEO, Monetization, Conditional Tags
Meer Basit is the founder of Meer’s World. He’s been running the show since launching the blog back in 2018. By background he is a computer scientist. Primarily, he creates content around blogging (WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr), SEO, affiliate programs, earn-online, reviews, eCommerce, & technology. He has got years of professional experience in web programming, computer programming, databases, data warehousing, & transcription. In general, he likes traveling, gardening, watching movies, is a passionate cricketer, creative writer, and a GSD lover.