Connect with us

Solved: The Widget Settings In Widget With Id AdSense Is Not Valid | Error

The Widget Settings In Widget With Id AdSense Is Not Valid

Blogger

Solved: The Widget Settings In Widget With Id AdSense Is Not Valid | Error

In recent days Blogger has completely updated its dashboard and due to that Blogger users are facing different errors as well. One of the common errors is “The widget settings in widget with id <b>AdSense1</b> is not valid. An internal error occurred. Please try again.”.

This error does not allow you to save your Blogger theme when you modify and try to save. Mostly this error comes in Emporio Blogger Theme.

It is clear from the error description that your AdSense widgets in your theme are causing the error. The error comes on those blogs where Google AdSense ads are enabled.

For some reasons because of these Google AdSense widgets Blogger does not allow you to save your theme. This error is bit confusing as well because at times despite showing this error it saves your changes, but at times it does not save your theme at all.

There are 2 cases (1) If you make a CSS change or something like that it will still show you the error, but will save your changes (2) When you add a conditional tag or insert some code in the body of the widget, this error does not allow you to save changes.

There is a simple solution to this error:
  1. Remove the all Google AdSense widgets from your Blogger’s Layout one-by-one.
  2. Modify your theme, means do whatever changes you want in your theme or the code which you want to add into your theme.
  3. Save your theme. Now you won’t get this error.
  4. Once you are done with your changes in your theme completely, comeback to your Blogger Layout and add the Google AdSense widgets again.
  5. Remember that removing your Google Adsense widget from your Blogger’s Layout does not disconnects you from Google AdSense Program. You can add or remove Google AdSense widgets as many times as you want.

Blogger/Blogspot latest Templates

How To Remove AdSense Widget On Blogger?

There are 2 Methods to remove the AdSense widgets on Blogger. Follow the Method 1 first, if Method 1 does not work then use the Method 2.

Method 1:

• Open Blogger.
  • Click Layout.
  • Click the Edit symbol of the AdSense widget that you want to remove.
How To Remove AdSense Widget On Blogger?
  • Click the “Remove” button.
How To Remove AdSense Widget On Blogger?

Method 2:

• Only follow Method 2 if method 1 does not work.
  • Open your Blogger.
  • Click “Themes”.
  • Click the “CUSTOMIZE” dropdown.
How To Remove AdSense Widget On Blogger?
  • Click “Jump to widget” icon.
How To Remove AdSense Widget On Blogger?
  • Choose the widget that you want to remove. Here we have chosen the AdSense1.
  • Once you click the widget you will jump to the widget code.
  • Every widget codes starts with <b:widget id=’ ‘.……. like below:
          <b:widget id=’AdSense1′ locked=’false’ title=” type=’AdSense’ visible=’true’>
  • Every widget code ends with  </b:widget>.
  • Now select the whole code from <b:widget id=’ ‘…………. to  </b:widget>.
  • Press “Delete” from your keyboard.
  • Save your Theme.
How To Remove AdSense Widget On Blogger?

That’s it. You are done. If you like this post then don’t forget to share with other people. Share your feedback in the comments section below.

Also Read

105 Comments

105 Comments

1. Pas. Erik Viveros

July 20, 2020 at 9:49 am

Hola tengo el mismo problema , pero mi blog no me permite eliminar los widgets de AdSense, que puedo hacer, adicionalmente a esto, en ingresos me dice que AdSense no conoce mi blog, tampoco se que hacer.

2. Meer's World

July 20, 2020 at 4:48 pm

3. Jaiya

August 25, 2020 at 9:23 am

Thanks for this solution,it helped me a lot for Adsense.

4. Meer's World

August 25, 2020 at 1:33 pm

5. Cheap Trimmers

August 28, 2020 at 9:53 am

Thanx brother for this article. You literally saved me.

6. Meer's World

August 28, 2020 at 1:23 pm

You are most welcome.

7. Anushka Bangal

August 29, 2020 at 6:26 am

Hi! So I tried what you said and finally the error vanished ! Update was successful, but I didn't receive the confirmation button on adsense and neither can i add adsense gadget in my layout. It says please correct the errors. What Should I do?

8. Anushka Bangal

August 29, 2020 at 6:33 am

Also now I cannot control how ads are shown in my blog because I cant add the adsense gadget because of the the above problem.Help!

9. Meer's World

August 29, 2020 at 1:08 pm

Were Google Ads running on your blog earlier? Sometimes error comes because of minor mistake in your theme like you might be missing a colon or semi-colon at the end of a line in your theme. Check your theme thoroughly and find the line which is causing the error.

10. Meer's World

August 29, 2020 at 1:09 pm

You said, "I didn't receive the confirmation button on adsense"……….. I don't understand what type of confirmation button on adSense you are talking about! Please explain.

11. Anushka Bangal

August 29, 2020 at 3:17 pm

The third step after pasting the ad code in html was to confirm that you pasted it.(I dont know wheter theres even a button or not but if it was successful i would have gotten to the next steps right? ) There was nothing after I pasted the code. At first there was the error which the blog is about (widget setting id not valid and all), so I did what you said. I removed the adsense gadget which was built in and then pasted the code and it was updated successfully. But after that when i added the adsense gadget in the layout, theres an error saying please remove the errors in the form.
    In my earnings there is an option control how ads are shown on your blog. Before i could select how the ads are going to look but now the option keeps turning off saying that updating your ad settings failed.
    In my adsense home page there's only " we are working on setting you up.
    I got an email from adsense saying activate your account.

12. Meer's World

August 29, 2020 at 4:01 pm

I think you are mixing lot of things. See Anushka, you can't apply for Google AdSense because you have a non-standard URL, means your blog URL ends with "blogspot.com". This is your blog if am not wrong: (https://thenushjournal.blogspot.com/).

In order to apply for Google AdSense you must redirect your blog to custom domain. Once it is redirected you can apply for Google AdSense.

Read this article: How to monetize your Blogger blog: https://www.meersworld.net/2020/02/how-to-display-google-ads-on-blogger.html

13. Anushka Bangal

August 30, 2020 at 9:08 am

Thanks 🙂

14. Tejendra

August 31, 2020 at 3:44 pm

Bro I have the same problem which anuska bangal had! I also do not have confirmation button to my Adsense homepage, It only shows " We are working on setting you up"' This usually takes a few days, but in some cases can take up to 2 weeks. We'll notify you when everything's ready. Then start earning money by placing ads.'
    How I make confirmation that I have pasted the code successfully to my Blogs HTML,
    You've mentioned that it is because of we have "blogspot.com" domain, so in order to activate Adsense account we need to buy a custom domain,
    So if this would be the problem, why google has not emailed me or shows this type of error?
    Please do you have any solution on this?

15. Meer's World

September 1, 2020 at 3:32 am

Don't worry you will get email anyways from AdSense whether your blog is activated or not. For some blogs the activation process can be as quick as a day, and for others it can take several weeks. You will get the rejection reason in your email.

Regarding the "Custom Domain" I think Google AdSense might have changed its policy and allows blogs with ".blogspot" to apply for Google AdSense, but your content matters the most for approval. Professional bloggers use Custom Domain. What is blog URL?

16. Meer's World

September 1, 2020 at 3:48 am

There is a new update from AdSense, if I am not wrong. Regarding the "Custom Domain" I think Google AdSense might have changed its policy and allows blogs with ".blogspot" to apply for Google AdSense, but your content matters the most for approval.

Possible solutions for your error, "please remove the errors in the form":

1) If your Adsense account is already active then you need to check the size of the ad unit you're trying to add. If it doesn't fit in to where you're trying to add, then that error will occur. Your blog theme does not seem Google ads friendly.

2) Or you might have done something wrong with the Robots.txt. You can revert back to your default Robots.txt

17. Tejendra

September 1, 2020 at 5:58 am

Pureheartsub.blogspot.com
    I think you are right google will send me email for this if I get approved or not, I have sent my issue to Adsense help community and they will answer me in 24 hrs( that what they emailed me), so all I have to do is wait for their reply,
    and there is one more thing, you have mentioned above something about Robot.txt, I received a notification on this to my google search console, that I need to fix this issue, but I Ignored this because I thought It is not that much important, so can you tell me What is this robot.txt and how can I solve this problem?

18. Meer's World

September 1, 2020 at 5:06 pm

Read this tutorial: What is Custom Robots.txt & How To Add & Test Custom Robots Txt On Blogger/Blogspot

( https://www.meersworld.net/2020/02/how-to-add-custom-robots-txt-on-blogger.html )

19. Yash Vardhan

September 3, 2020 at 6:54 am

Getting this error The widget settings in widget with id AdSense1 is not valid. An internal error occurred. Please try again. Pls help to solve

20. Meer's World

September 3, 2020 at 1:05 pm

It means that AdSense1 widget exists in your theme. You must remove all your AdSense widgets.

21. Yash Vardhan

September 3, 2020 at 5:37 pm

Hi,

I am unable to delete the widgets. Can you pls help me to know the process.

22. Meer's World

September 3, 2020 at 9:32 pm

Please read the tutorial again, I have shown the two methods to remove AdSense widgets on Blogger.

23. Anushka Bangal

September 5, 2020 at 10:49 am

I can't update my Control how ads are shown on the blog. And on my adsense it says "We are working on setting you up".

24. Bharat Thapa

September 17, 2020 at 11:36 am

Thx….. You solved my probes

25. Meer's World

September 17, 2020 at 2:21 pm

26. Anonymous

September 24, 2020 at 12:52 am

27. Meer's World

September 24, 2020 at 2:53 am

Shukrya aap k padhnay ka.

28. DEBAJYOTI NAYAK

September 24, 2020 at 4:55 am

29. Meer's World

September 24, 2020 at 1:54 pm

30. Rezi Putra Kusuma

October 5, 2020 at 10:18 am

thanks bro

31. Meer's World

October 5, 2020 at 1:44 pm

32. Sanad Bin Erad

October 6, 2020 at 4:29 am

Hi Meer
    Thanks for this info
    There is some thing can you help me I have problem about mixed content please give me sout on

33. Meer's World

October 6, 2020 at 2:11 pm

What do you mean by "mixed content"? Would you explain, plz?

34. Sanad Bin Erad

October 6, 2020 at 5:34 pm

All my blogger posts were appearing in the Google
    index on Chrome browser, but after a short time,
    nearly half of them disappeared and the other half
    appeared, but with a different search description for
    the title, and when I searched for the reason they
    told me that mixed content in html should be fixed

I'm sorry if I caused you any inconvenience

35. Meer's World

October 6, 2020 at 6:59 pm

No problem dear, you are always welcome. I think you are getting this problem because of security issues. Also when I typed your website with "www", browser shows security warning.
    Please read this article it could solve your problem :

Fix mixed content on your blog (https://support.google.com/blogger/answer/6286127?hl=en)

36. Sanad Bin Erad

October 7, 2020 at 8:47 am

37. Priyarao

October 12, 2020 at 5:18 pm

thanke you so mach for widge problam i soled my problom for 1st step

38. Meer's World

October 13, 2020 at 12:06 am

39. idealthoughts

October 17, 2020 at 4:34 pm

nice sir its help for me

40. Meer's World

October 17, 2020 at 5:24 pm

41. Aman singh

October 27, 2020 at 1:27 pm

My issue: On editing the theme and saving, the changes were not reflected.

Solution: Open the theme -> edit html -> preview theme. You will see an error. Check if it shows a widget error like this 'The widget settings in widget with ID AdSense1 aren't valid'. In this case note down the widget in the error. Click on 'Jump to widget' and go to the particular widget which you noted down. Delete the section from and for that specific widget and save.

Thank you sir this my problem is solved

42. Meer's World

October 27, 2020 at 4:22 pm

You're most welcome Aman.

43. Anonymous

November 25, 2020 at 3:49 am

1 Question 🙂 How to Defeat From Invalid Ad Clicks at Blogger.com

44. Meer's World

November 25, 2020 at 11:23 am

You're most welcome <3.

45. Meer's World

November 25, 2020 at 11:36 am

The biggest contributor to invalid ad clicks is person himself. Make sure to turn off your history and disable ads from your browser settings. Don't watch your own ads. Avoid partnering with untrusted advertisers or affiliate networks. Don't tell your friends and family members to watch your content.

46. Anonymous

November 30, 2020 at 10:26 am

Helpful article

47. Vishal Khatri, Ph.D.

December 2, 2020 at 7:21 pm

Thank you brother for solving this issue. I reverted to classic version and problem disappeared but now I can not turn on adsense to my blog. This is ridiculous, google has not solved this problem even after months or almost a year now. I am seeing posts as back as from May reporting the same problem.

48. Meer's World

December 2, 2020 at 8:05 pm

What is your blog URL? Were Google ads running on your blog 1 year ago or earlier?

49. Vishal Khatri, Ph.D.

December 3, 2020 at 5:09 pm

No, I just started blog. URL is https://iponewsupdates.blogspot.com/. I ran into this issue on my very first try out. I just mean to say when I was looking a way out of this problem, I saw people reporting the same problem from almost a year now. Thank you for your help!

50. Meer's World

December 3, 2020 at 5:15 pm

OK, got it 🙂

51. Margo

December 5, 2020 at 6:37 pm

Thank you so much, I never could have figured it out myself.

52. Meer's World

December 5, 2020 at 6:46 pm

53. AlixaProDev

January 3, 2021 at 12:57 pm

Thank you so much for this amazing tutorial i was really worried about it.

54. Meer's World

January 3, 2021 at 1:07 pm

55. AlixaProDev

January 3, 2021 at 2:47 pm

Brother can you please check my blog, https://www.alixaprodev.com
    will i get AdSense or not. Any suggestion. I will be happy if you suggest me any changes.

56. Meer's World

January 3, 2021 at 6:29 pm

There is no problem with your blog niche it is good. You have created necessary pages as well like About US, Privacy etc. There should be at least 20 articles on your blog before you apply. It depends on AdSense whether it accepts or not, but you can apply and see what it does. You can apply more than once, so don't worry about rejection. I will suggest you to apply when your blog brings traffic of 1000 views per day.

I have noticed that your Featured Post is appearing on top of every page(About Us, Contact Us, Privacy etc). Featured post shouldn't be appeared on pages, it should only appear on homepage and blog post pages. Your "Item pages" are suitable for displaying ads, but Homepage might not be suitable. There should be positions for displaying ads. You can bring more quality to your blog's homepage design. You can search on internet as well like "How to make your theme AdSense Ready."

57. AlixaProDev

January 3, 2021 at 8:47 pm

Brother can you suggest me a free theme best for AdSense.

58. Meer's World

January 7, 2021 at 6:46 pm

Use the Google Keyword Research Tool, might help you. Read This: https://www.meersworld.net/2020/08/how-to-signup-use-free-google-keyword.html

59. Meer's World

January 7, 2021 at 7:17 pm

Vous êtes le bienvenu 🙂

60. Ruqaiyah Ezzi

January 18, 2021 at 5:54 am

So I did exactly as you said and thank you so much everything worked. but how do I make the AdSense widgets come back? It's not showing up in my layouts ever since I took it out of the code

61. Meer's World

January 18, 2021 at 11:56 am

Go to Layout… Click "Add a Gadget"…..Click "AdSense".

62. talesofneridahiyas.blogspot.com

February 7, 2021 at 3:11 pm

this helped, really. thank you so much

63. Meer's World

February 7, 2021 at 3:21 pm

64. Annu Pandey

February 9, 2021 at 6:07 pm

thanks a million dear

65. DC

February 21, 2021 at 12:08 pm

Oh dear, the gadget is not getting added now from the layouts section. It says, please correct the errors on this form. My domain is abc.blogspot.com
    Prior to this it was not getting removed, so i used HTML widget code removal option. Now its not getting saved when I click on save post adding a adsense gadget.

66. Meer's World

February 21, 2021 at 1:14 pm

One of the reasons for this error is that you are using different emails for Blogger and AdSense. You should use the same email for both Blogger and AdSense………….. The other reason could be like, your theme might not be compatible with AdSense ad code at a certain position. You can create HTML/Javascript widget on layout, Copy ad code from AdSense and Paste in HTML/Javascript widget.

67. DC

February 21, 2021 at 1:30 pm

Added same code at exact same lines and got it back.

68. Meer's World

March 12, 2021 at 1:03 pm

What is the issue? Have you previously applied to AdSense?

69. allnewforindia

April 2, 2021 at 11:12 pm

This comment has been removed by the author.

70. Greedy hacks (By Abhishek)

April 6, 2021 at 2:14 pm

Thank you so much sir. It helped!!

71. Meer's World

April 6, 2021 at 2:20 pm

72. King

April 20, 2021 at 10:54 am

73. Meer's World

April 20, 2021 at 1:16 pm

74. Alex

April 23, 2021 at 2:27 pm

It worked, I am waiting for my confirmation now, thanks man!

75. Meer's World

April 23, 2021 at 2:57 pm

76. Shazmi

April 23, 2021 at 7:18 pm

Hi I can't select the text for deleting option as well as the edit option also not working for me only save change is display no remove button is there what to do now

77. Meer's World

April 23, 2021 at 8:25 pm

Press the mouse button and select the text and then delete the text.

78. AbdulRehman Amir

April 24, 2021 at 9:11 pm

Thanks My Problem is Solved

79. Meer's World

April 24, 2021 at 10:15 pm

80. Free Files Finder

May 2, 2021 at 5:03 am

thanku for sharing

81. Meer's World

May 2, 2021 at 2:27 pm

82. Meer's World

May 4, 2021 at 6:46 pm

83. Health and Fitness

May 17, 2021 at 2:17 am

I face the same problem but when I paste the adsense code. Is this process helps me here

84. Technology World

May 20, 2021 at 9:55 am

Thanks for your support. Its very helpful. Thank you again.

85. Meer's World

MEER

89. Meer's World

June 22, 2021 at 3:33 pm

90. RealGuider786

June 28, 2021 at 11:15 am

nice article
    so much thanks dear my Adsense problem solved

91. Meer's World

June 28, 2021 at 3:22 pm

92. King Mohamed

June 29, 2021 at 6:12 pm

Hey Meer!
    I did everything as you explained, I just was able to make some changes to my blog after removing an adsense widget, but after all I tried to add an adsense widget again, I end up receiving a message "Could not update widget. Try again".

What should I do?

93. Meer's World

June 29, 2021 at 7:48 pm

You're missing something King! Also go through above comments you might get your solution.

94. Best selfie pose

July 5, 2021 at 10:13 am

Sir, same problm as Aman’s as my so plz help me
    I tried to this but I can’t save HTML theme so please help to me

95. Meer's World

July 5, 2021 at 4:13 pm

If you find an unusual pattern in your ad-clicks or have a doubt that something is going wrong on your blog you can report to AdSense Quality Traffic Team via Invalid Clicks Contact Form (https://support.google.com/adsense/contact/invalid_clicks_contact)

96. Meer's World

July 5, 2021 at 4:16 pm

If your problem is same as Aman's it should be resolved. Follow our guidelines carefully.

97. Destiny

July 28, 2021 at 2:36 pm

Have tried what you explained, but it’s still showing: widget settings in widget with id<adsense 1 is not valid
    Please what should I do??

98. Meer's World

July 29, 2021 at 10:21 am

It should work. You must be missing something. Please try again.

99. Victoria Marion

July 30, 2021 at 4:05 pm

Hello, I did what you said and I was able to finally add my code, however…when I went to ad my adsense widgets back it gave me this error message “Could not update widget. Try again.” Please help. Thank you 🙂

100. Meer's World

July 30, 2021 at 5:34 pm

You have not completely removed AdSense code, that’s why it is showing you the error. Please try again.

101. Huma

October 17, 2021 at 12:46 pm

Hello, your article is really helpful. can you please tell me the solution for this error?
    The widget settings in widget with id PageList2 is not valid. Page title is invalid.

• Meer's World

October 17, 2021 at 3:15 pm

The errors is caused by the “Pages” widget that you have added in the Footer. There is no problem with its code, but we have some suggestions if these work for you:
      (1) Try changing the title from “Pages” to something else and check whether it works or not.
      (2) Your template has only one “Pages” gadget, so there should have been “PageList1” instead of “PageList2”. Remove your Pages gadget and add again, it might work.
      (3) Follow the Method 1 and Method 2, as shown in this article. Instead of removing AdSense widget and widget code remove “Pages” widget.
      In your Blogger theme “PageList2” will start with this Line:
      <----b:widget id='PageList2' locked='false' title='Pages' type='PageList' version='2' visible='true'--->
      and ends with this line <---/b:widget---->

102. Amit Kumar

November 1, 2021 at 10:31 pm

It helped

103. annie

December 1, 2021 at 11:43 pm

thank you very much for your method, I remove the Adsense, then I can update the HTML, thank you