Do you want to monetize your Blogger blog with Google Adsense and display Google ads on it? You are in the right place.
In this tutorial we will guide you step-by-step on How to link your Blogger blog to Google Adsense and display Google ads on it.
One of the advantages of using the Blogger as a blogging platform is that it is owned by Google, you can easily integrate Google Adsense with the Blogger.
There are hundreds of millions of bloggers who are earning money from Blogger blogs by monetizing them with Google Adsense.
Following topics will be covered in this tutorial:
- How To Redirect Blogspot To A Custom Domain
- How To Sign Up For Google Adsense in Blogger
- How To Add Google Adsense Gadgets in Blogger
- How To Configure Custom Ads.Txt in Blogger
01. How To Redirect Your Blogspot URL To A Custom Domain?
First step in monetizing your Blogger blog with Google AdSense is that it must point to a custom domain means your Blogger subdomain “example.blogspot.com” must be redirected to some Class A domain like “example.com”, “meersworld.net”, etc.
In most cases Google Adsense does not accept blogs with subdomains.
Blogger provides you with the Custom Domain feature that allows you to redirect your “.blogspot.com” subdomain to your custom domain. It will make your Blogger blog eligible to qualify for Google Adsense program.
Read this tutorial to learn how to buy a custom domain and how to redirect Blogger blog to a custom domain:
02. How To Sign Up For Google Adsense in Blogger?
Once you are done with Step 1, means your Blogger blog points to some custom domain you can apply for Google Adsense.
Follow the steps:
- Login to your Blogger.
- Click Earnings.
- Click “CREATE ADSENSE ACCOUNT” button.
- You will be redirected to Adsense support page or if you are not already signed in with your gmail account it will ask you to sign-in.
- Scroll down a bit and click Sign up for Adsense button.
- Enter your blog URL. You must enter your custom domain URL not the URL that ends with .blogspot.com.
- Enter your Blogger Gmail ID.
- Select an option.
- Click SAVE AND CONTINUE.
- Select your country.
- Read the terms and conditions and tick the, “Yes, I have read and accept the agreement.”
- Click CREATE ACCOUNT.
- Click GET STARTED.
- Enter your Payment address details correctly.
- Make sure to provide the correct address because once your Google Adsense account is approved they send a verification pin to your address.
- In Account type Choose Individual.
- Once you fill the information click SUBMIT.
- Now copy your code and paste into the header section of your Blogger theme. Follow the steps below to do this.
- Click Theme.
- Click the “Downward arrow” beside the CUSTOMIZE button.
- Click Edit HTML.
- Now paste the code anywhere in between <head> </head> section of your theme.
- Go back to Adsense registration page.
- Tick the, “I’ve pasted the code into my site.”
- Click DONE.
- It will display you a message, “We’re reviewing your site”.
- You will get an email, whether your blog is approved or not.
- If your blog is rejected, you can apply again by visiting Google Adsense account.
If you don’t want your blog to get reject again we encourage you to read this tutorial thoroughly. It guides you on how to prepare your blog before you apply for Google Adsense and increase the chances of approval:
- If your blog is approved Google Adsense will send you a verification pin code to your address which you have to enter in the verification step later.
- Once your AdSense earnings reach $100 threshold, Google Adsense will ask you to set up your Payment details like Money transfer method, Bank Account No, Bank name, etc.
03. How To Add Google Adsense Gadget in Blogger
It is pretty simple to add Google Adsense ads in your Blogger blog, but you can’t add Google Adsense ads before your blog is approved by Google Adsense. You will get the following message if you try to add Google Ads gadget in Blogger before it is approved:
- Sign In to your Blogger.
- Click Layout.
- Click Add a Gadget. Note that you can move the Google Ads gadget from one section to other.
- You can add up to 5 Adsense gadgets in your blog.
- Click ‘+’ symbol in front of Adsense.
- You can choose the Format of the ad, means its size. By default it is Responsive, means the ad size will be automatically adjusted according to the available space. You can choose the fixed Formats as well.
- Click Save, once you add.
- You will see the preview of ad size here when you will open the Adsense gadget again by clicking the Edit symbol.
- Refresh your blog twice or thrice to see the changes, if you change the ad size here.
04. How To Configure Custom ads.txt in Blogger?
Once your blog is approved by Google Adsense for showing ads, you need to set up custom ads.txt in your blog. Read this tutorial to learn what is custom ads.txt and how to configure it in Blogger.
So it was all about setting up Google AdSense ads in Blogger blog. Hope this tutorial will have helped you. If you like this post then don’t forget to share with other people. Share your feedback in the comments section below.
Get access to all the Blogger Tutorials.
- How To Resolve Earnings At Risk – One Or More Of Your Sites Does Not Have An Ads.txt File On Blogger/Blogspot
- How To Change The Size Of Google Adsense Ads On Your Blog Or Website? | Blogger
- How To Add & Test Custom Robots Txt On Blogger/Blogspot | Blogger SEO
- How To Configure Google Search Console On Blogger | Add Sitemap | Inspect URL
- How To Disable/Turn-Off Google Adsense Auto Ads | Adsense Turn Off Auto Ads On Content Pages