Do you want to learn how to unlock/move or remove gadgets on Blogger Layout? You’re in the right place.
In this tutorial we will guide you step-by-step on how to unlock & remove a gadget on Blogger Layout.
Blogger locks gadgets on their default position because some of the gadgets like Featured Post, Subscribe Link, and Search, work best on their default positions. When you move them to other positions they lose their styling and responsiveness.
01. How To Know Whether Gadget Is Locked Or Not?
In this section you will learn to identify whether a gadget is locked or not.
- Move the mouse pointer on top of the gadget on Blogger Layout. If you see an Arrow, means its is locked. You cannot move or remove the gadget.
- Click the Pencil icon of the gadget to know whether Remove option is enable or not.
- A new window will popup. Scroll down to its bottom. You will see a blank button beside the Save & Cancel buttons. It means that the Remove option is also disabled.
02. How To Unlock Blogger Gadgets?
In this section you will learn about How to unlock Blogger gadgets.
- Go to Themes.
- Click the “Downward arrow” beside the “CUSTOMIZE” button.
- Click “Edit HTML” from the options list.
- Click “Jump to widget” icon.
- It will list all your gadgets.
- Click on the gadget which you want to unlock. It will show you the code of that gadget.
- Here you can see the code of “PageList1“
- In top line you can see that the “Pages” gadget is locked (locked =’true‘).
- Change the value of locked from ‘true‘ to ‘false‘ like locked=’false‘.
- Click the Save icon at bottom-right corner.
03. How To Know Whether a Gadget Is Unlocked Or Not?
Since you have learnt about How to unlock a gadget in Blogger, now it is time to check whether a gadget is unlocked or not.
- Go to Layout in Blogger.
- Move the mouse pointer on top of the gadget. You will see a Move pointer symbol, means you can change the position of the gadget by dragging it.
- Click the Pencil icon of the gadget to know whether Remove button is enabled or not.
- A popup window will appear. Scroll down to its bottom. You can see that the Remove button alongside Save & Cancel is enabled.
- How To Redirect Blogspot To Custom Domain | Set Up A Third Party URL For Your Blog On Blogger
- How To Show Featured Post Only On Home Page On Blogger | Blogger Tutorials
- Blogger Widget – How To Show Recent And Specific Label Posts Horizontally & Vertically With Quality Thumbnails
- How To Change The Size Of Google Adsense Ads On Your Blog Or Website | Blogger