Do you want to set up Custom ads.txt in Blogger? You’re in the right place. In this tutorial we will guide you step-by-step on How to get your Publisher ID in Google AdSense account, and How to set up Custom ads.txt in Blogger.
Ads.txt is an IAB (Interactive Advertising Bureau) initiative that helps ensure that your digital ad inventory is only sold through sellers (such as AdSense) who you’ve identified as authorized.
Creating your own Custom ads.txt file gives you more control over who’s allowed to sell ads on your site and helps prevent counterfeit inventory from being presented to advertisers.
The Publisher ID is a unique identifier for your Google AdSense account. This ID is used when you communicate with Google. Once your Blogger blog is approved for showing ads you need to add your Google Adsense publisher ID in Blogger’s Custom ads.txt file.
In case you don’t know how to monetize your Blogger blog with Google Adsense go through this tutorial:
- How To Get Publisher ID in Adsense
- How To Set Up Custom ads.txt in Blogger
- How To Test Custom ads.txt
01. How To Get Publisher ID in AdSense
Follow the steps to get your Publisher ID in Google AdSense account.
- Go to your Google Adsense account & Sign In.
- Click Account.
- Click Account information.
- Copy your AdSense Published ID. It starts with “pub-784353…………“.
02. How To Set Up Custom ads.txt in Blogger
In this section you will learn how to set up Custom ads.txt in Blogger.
- Login to your Blogger account.
- Go to sidebar and click Settings.
- Scroll down to Monetization section.
- Drag the slider towards right to enable Custom ads.txt.
- Click on Custom ads.txt.
Now Copy and Paste the following code into Custom ads.txt:
google.com, pub-7387121446043699, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0
- Replace pub-7387121446043699 with your Adsense Publisher ID as we have guided in the Section 1 (How to Get your Adsense Publisher ID).
- Click Save.
03. How To Test Custom Ads.Txt?
Browse your blog and add “/ads.txt” at the end of your blog URL like this:
Remember that your ads.txt must be visible on browser in 4 different ways, otherwise you will get the error “Your Earnings at Risk….” in your Google Adsense account.
If you are getting this error on your Google AdSense “Your Earnings at Risk – One or more of your sites does not have Ads.txt”, Read this tutorial:
- How To Resolve Earnings At Risk – One Or More Of Your Sites Does Not Have An Ads.txt File On Blogger/Blogspot
If you like this post then don’t forget to share with the other people. Share your feedback in the comments section below. Get access to all the Blogger Tutorials.
- How To Add & Test Custom Robots Txt On Blogger/Blogspot | Blogger SEO
- How To Configure/Set The Custom Robots Header Tags On Blogger | Blogger SEO
- How To Configure Google Search Console On Blogger | Add Sitemap | Inspect URL
- Complete Blogger/Blogspot Tutorials – Step By Step | Widgets, SEO, Monetization, Conditional Tags