Often people find themselves in trouble when they forget the password of their WD My Passport drive because the Drive’s manufacturer haven’t provided the feature to recover forgotten password directly, but don’t panic! there are solutions, we will guide you on How to unlock your WD My Passport Drive.
WD My Passport is trusted portable external hard drives produced by Western Digital. It helps keep your digital content safe.
If you want to unlock the locked passport drive by yourself then there are two options (1) By trying the password again-and-again (2) By erasing your passport drive.
Though by erasing your WD My Passport drive you can unlock and use it again, but you will lose your data. There is no way to get back the erased data from a locked WD My Passport drive because you can’t recover data from an encrypted drive even after erasing it.
Erase your locked WD My Passport Drive only when your data is not important for you and you want to use your WD My Passport drive at any cost.
- Unlock by contacting WD Product Support
- Unlock/Recover by contacting WD Data Recovery Partners
If you want to recover data from WD Product Support you need 4 things (1) Your Country Name (2) Serial Number of your WD Passport drive (3) Date of Purchasing (4) Place of Purchasing. The Serial Number is written at the back of WD Passport drive.
If you know this information WD Product Support team will help you to unlock your Passport drive. If you don’t know this information WD Product Support can’t help you, but there is one more door i.e WD Data Recovery Partners.
WD(Western Digital) has Data Recovery Partners all over the world. You can contact the nearest WD Data Recovery Partner via Contact Number, Fax or Email as provided in the Data Recovery section.
In this post we will cover following topics:
- How To Erase WD Passport Drive
- How To Contact WD Passport Product Support
- How To Contact WD Data Recovery Partners
01. How To Erase WD Passport Drive:
Don’t erase your locked WD My Passport drive if you want your data back. Erase only if you don’t want your data and want to use your WD My Passport drive at any cost.
- Open your WD My Passport drive.
- Enter the password 5 times in a row.
- After you will enter the password 5 times it will show you an alert ,”There were too many password recovery attempts”.
- Now you have two options “Erase Drive” or “Exit”. If you want to try more password attempts, click “Exit”, unplug the drive & plug again into your computer.
- If you want to erase your WD Passport Drive click “Erase Drive”. It will erase both your Data + Password, means you will be able to unlock your drive’s password.
02. How To Contact WD Product Support
- Go to WD Product Support Official Page.
- At your right click “Chat Live”.
- Fill the LIVE CHAT form’s required information.
- If your country is not listed in the dropdown list, choose a country nearest to you. Let’s say if you are in Pakistan and if it is not listed choose India or any other country. In the LIVE CHAT session WD support will ask you again about your country like “Which country you are in?”. You can mention there.
- In the “Support you need” choose the “Technical Support” option.
- In “Your Question” write your question like “I have forgotten the password of my WD Passport drive and I want to unlock”. Your question should be clear.
- Click “CHAT NOW” button. It could place you in the queue if there are too many chat requests, so be patient and wait for your turn.
- Once your live chat session starts it will ask you for some information, as we mentioned earlier like Your Country Name, Serial Number of your WD Passport drive, Date of Purchasing, Place of Purchasing etc. See below how to get the Serial Number of your WD Passport drive.
- Turn back your WD Passport drive to get your Serial Number. The Serial Number(S/N:) starts with WXD…… In case if they ask you for the Pin Number(P/N:), it is just located above the S/N.
03. Contact WD Data Recovery Partners
- Go to WD Data Recovery Partners Official Page.
- There are 3 main regions i.e The Americas, EMEA & APAC. Choose your region.
- The Americas cover North American countries, South American countries and Central American countries.
- The EMEA covers European countries, Middle-Eastern countries and African countries.
- The APAC covers Australia, New Zealand, India and other Asian countries.
- Here you can see that we have opened the WD Data Recovery Partners in The Americas. You can see the details of different Data Recovery Partners like Contact Number, Fax Number, Address, Country, State, Headquarters etc.
- Contact them and tell your problem.
- So these were some of the solutions to unlock your locked WD My Passport drive. If you like this post then don’t forget to share with other people. Share your feedback in the comments section below.
Tip: When you set password next time, make sure you recall that password easily and also write it down somewhere in a safe place.
- How To Move Taskbar To Bottom In Windows 10 | Change Taskbar Position In Windows 10
- How To Save/Download TikTok Videos On Computer Without Using Third-Party Tool | TikTok Hacks
- How To Buy A Domain & Hosting – For Beginners
- How To Install Windows 10 From USB Flash Drive For Beginners – Step-By-Step | Change Boot Order In BIOS