YouTube provides the feature of generating auto captions or transcription of videos. YouTube claims that there is 95% accuracy rate. It auto detects the language and generates the captions.
There are some limitations as well like if the audio quality of video is poor it doesn’t generate captions. Sometimes it fails to detect the real language because of weird accents like there is a Italian man who speaks English in a video, YouTube could generate captions in Italian language. Accuracy is not 100%, so make sure to review the captions twice, thrice.
- Sign In to YouTube.
- Click the Bell icon on right-top corner.
- Click Settings.
- Click Playback and performance.
- Tick all the options.
- Click Save.
- Click CC button at the bottom of YouTube video to make the captions visible.
- CC button will be visible to others only when you enable the captions from settings like in Step 1.
- To Save the transcription/captions, click three Horizontal Dots below the title of a video.
- Click Open Transcript.
- Click three Vertical Dots.
- Click Toggle Timestamps.
- Select the text.
- Right click on the selected text & Copy.
- Paste on your Transcription Editor or MS Word or Notepad or Wordpad.
- You’re done.
- If you like this post then don’t forget to share with other people. Share your feedback in the comments section below.