How To Add Sitemap In Blogger  & Google Search Console
Do you want to add sitemap of your blog in Blogger and submit it in Google Search Console account? You’re in the right place.
In this tutorial we will guide you step-by-step on How to add sitemap of your blog in Blogger and How to submit/add sitemap of your Blogger Blog in Google Search Console.
What is Sitemap? A sitemap is a simple XML file that contains and lists the URLs of a website which are available for crawling and indexing. It is a way of organizing a website, identifying the URLs and the data under each section.
What is Google Search Console? Google Search Console is a free web service and an incredible SEO-tool by Google, which allows website or blog owners to check indexing status of their website pages. It provides detail reports on analytics, performance, errors, warnings, coverage, sitemaps, mobile usability, core web vitals, and much more.
In this tutorial we will cover following topics:
- How To Add Sitemap in Blogger
- How To Submit Blogger Sitemap in Google Search Console
- How To Redirect Blogspot To Custom Domain | Set Up A Third Party URL
- How To Migrate Custom Domain Blogger Blog To WordPress
01. How To Add Sitemap in Blogger
In Blogger your blog’s sitemap is added in Custom robots.txt file. The robots.txt file is used to give information about website to web-robots like which pages or sections of a website they can crawl and which they can’t.
Search engines such as Google, Bing, etc, use web-robots and crawlers to index the web content. Before visiting a website web-robots first go to Custom robots.txt and check which pages, folders or URLs are allowed to be crawled.
Both Sitemap and Custom robots.txt are used to optimize your blog for search engines.
Follow the steps to add Sitemap of your blog in Blogger:
- Login to your Blogger blog.
- Go to Sidebar and click Settings.
- On Settings scroll-down to Crawlers and indexing section.
- Turn-on the slider to activate the Enable custom robots.txt.
- Click on the Custom robots.txt.
Now Copy and Paste the below code into Custom robot.txt, as shown in the next step. In Sitemap replace example with your Blogger blog’s domain name.
Information Related To Custom robots.txt:
- The User-agent: Mediapartners-Google & Disallow allows Google AdSense ads to display on any page of your blog. It will work only if your blog is monetized with Google AdSense.
- The “User-agent: *” means this section applies to all web-robots or crawlers.
- The Disallow: /search means ignore all those URLs having keyword /search/ like https://www.example.com/search/label/Blogger.
- The Allow: / instructs web-robots that they can crawl any Page/URL of website except disallowed.
User-agent: Mediapartners-Google Disallow: User-agent: * Disallow: /search Allow: / Sitemap: https://example.blogspot.com/sitemap.xml
- Paste the code in Custom robot.txt and click SAVE.
Test your Custom robots.txt to know whether it is working or not.
- Add /robots.txt at the end of your Blogger blog’s URL and press enter. Your Custom robots.txt should be displayed as it is.
Now test your Sitemap whether it discovers your Blogger blog’s URLs or not.
- Add /sitemap.xml at the end of your Blogger blog’s URL and press enter. It should list all the page URLs of your blog.
02. Submit Blogger Sitemap in Google Search Console
In this section, you will learn about how to submit the sitemap of your Blogger blog in Google Search Console.
If you haven’t already connected your Blogger blog to Google Search Console, follow this tutorial:
Follow the steps to submit sitemap in Google Search Console:
- Go to your Google Search Console account.
- Click Sitemaps from sidebar.
- In Add a new sitemap enter sitemap.xml and click the SUBMIT button.
- If it is submitted successfully you will see a Success status. The Discovered URLs column shows you number of page URLs found on your blog.
- Get access to all the Blogger Tutorials.
- If you like this post then don’t forget to share with other people. Share your feedback in the comments section below.
November 13, 2020 at 5:29 pm
How to add sitemap in single page website.
November 21, 2020 at 8:35 pm
Read this tutorial: https://www.quicksprout.com/creating-website-sitemap/
Visit this website to generate Sitemap: https://www.xml-sitemaps.com/
sabse accha game
November 28, 2020 at 11:43 am
very nice article… its really help me to make Sitemap
November 29, 2020 at 8:36 pm
You’re most welcome!
August 19, 2021 at 9:56 am
How to allow Bing also to crawl and index the site
August 21, 2021 at 8:39 pm
Connect your blog/website to Bing Webmaster Tools. Read this tutorial: ( https://www.meersworld.net/2021/03/how-to-connect-website-to-bing-webmaster-tools.html)