How To Make A Bootable USB Flash Drive For Windows 10 Without Third-party Tool
There are two ways to install Windows on your computer, one from a DVD drive and second from a USB drive. Now a days most of the people prefer USB drive to install Windows. Before you install Windows from USB drive it is important to make it bootable.
Often people recommend third-party tools to make a bootable USB drive for Windows 10, but honestly, you don’t need any third-party tool to make a USB drive bootable. It can be done without any third-party tool.
In this tutorial we will guide you step-by-step to how to create a bootable USB flash drive for installation of Windows 10.
- First step is to prepare USB drive for copying Windows 10 into it.
- Insert the USB drive into your computer.
- Right-click over it and click Format.
- It is very important to have a clean and virus free USB drive.
- If the Windows 10 is on a DVD then right-click over it and click Open.
- If the Windows 10 is on “.ISO” file and if you don’t have idea to how to run or extract “.ISO” file then read this tutorial: How To Open, Extract & Create ISO File In Windows.
- If the Windows 10 is already copied in your computer, simply click the folder and open.
- Press Ctrl + A to select all the files and folders.
- Right-click over the selected portion and click Copy.
- Now open the USB drive and click Paste.
- It will take some time to copy Windows 10 in USB drive.
- You can see the autorun.inf file, this is the file that runs the Windows 10 setup automatically. Without this file USB drive cannot be made bootable.
- Once the Windows 10 is copied, safely remove the USB drive.
- Insert the USB drive again.
- If the USB is bootable, you will see a blue icon or Windows icon on USB drive.
- Now you can install Windows 10 on your computer using bootable USB drive.
- In case if you want to install Windows 10, read this tutorial: How To Install Windows 10 From USB Flash Drive For Beginners – Step-By-Step | Change Boot Order In BIOS
- How To Configure Gmail On Outlook | Grant Outlook Access To Gmail Account | Enable POP On Gmail
- How To Defragment Hard Disk In Windows 10 | Improve Computer Efficiency | Windows 10
- How To Run Disk Cleanup On Windows 10? | Free Up Hard Disk Space On Windows 10
- How To Shrink A Volume Or Partition In Windows 10 | How To Do Partitioning In Windows 10? | Disk Management
- Things to Know About a Bootable USB Drive