Bluetooth is a wireless technology standard use for exchanging data between fixed and mobile devices over short distances. Often people find this difficult to connect their laptop to mobile in order to send or receive data like photos, videos, audios etc from mobile to laptop or laptop to mobile.
So in this tutorial we will guide you step-by-step to How to connect your laptop to mobile via Bluetooth and How to send and receive files via Bluetooth in Windows 10.
Step 1: Turn On Bluetooth
- Click Windows button.
- Click Settings.
- Type B on SearchBox or click Devices.
- Click “Bluetooth and other devices settings”.
- Turn On the Bluetooth.
Step 2: Make Your Laptop Visible
- Scroll-down and click “More Bluetooth options”.
- Check all the options, especially “Discovery” so that your device will be available to connect.
Step 3: Pair With Other Devices
- Click the ” + Add Bluetooth or other device”.
- Now choose the kind of device you want to add. Since we want to connect mobile with Bluetooth so choose “Bluetooth”.
- Your laptop will list down all the active devices within its range with their name and model .
- Choose the mobile, which you want to connect.
- It will generate a code for verification which will be sent to your mobile phone.
- Press Okay on your mobile phone. Laptop will be connected automatically & device will be paired.
Step 4: Send Or Receive Files Via Bluetooth
- Click “Send or receive files via Bluetooth.” link.
- In order to transfer a file click from laptop to mobile phone click “Send files”.
- It will show you all the Paired Devices.
- Select the desired device & click Next.
- Click “Browse” and select the file from your laptop.
- In order to receive a file from mobile phone to laptop click “Receive files”.
- You will see a file transfer when the sender will send file.
- It will ask you each time when the new file arrives to give Save location.
- If you don’t find the location of your saved files in laptop read this tutorial: How To Find Bluetooth Received Files In Windows 10 | Where Do Bluetooth Received Files Go In Windows 10.
- If you like this post then don’t forget to share with people. Share your feedback in the comments section below.
- How To Configure Gmail On Outlook | Grant Outlook Access To Gmail Account | Enable POP On Gmail
- How To Defragment Hard Disk In Windows 10 | Improve Computer Efficiency | Windows 10
- How To Run Disk Cleanup On Windows 10? | Free Up Hard Disk Space On Windows 10
- How To Shrink A Volume Or Partition In Windows 10 | How To Do Partitioning In Windows 10? | Disk Management