How To Run Windows 10 In Safe Mode – Troubleshoot | Reset, Restore, Recovery
Safe mode is also called diagnostic mode of a computer operating system. Safe mode only allows most important system programs and services to start up at boot. The basic purpose of safe mode is to help trouble most, if not all problems within an operating system. It is also widely used for removing or uninstalling corrupt or non-compatible software.
In the earlier versions of Windows it was simple to run Windows in Safe Mode, but in Windows 10 it is slightly trickier to run Windows 10 in Safe Mode and that’s why many people unable to find the Safe Mode option in Windows 10.
In earlier versions of Windows, we would press F8 key during initial boot to enable Safe Mode, but in Windows 10 you go to Advanced Options, where you have lot of other options for troubleshooting Windows 10 like Reset, Recover, Repair, UEFI Settings, etc.
- How To Install Windows 10 From USB Flash Drive For Beginners – Step-By-Step | Change Boot Order In BIOS
In this tutorial we will guide you step-by-step to how to run Windows 10 in Safe Mode and then how to go back to normal Windows 10. With Safe Mode you will also discover the other Advanced Options in Windows 10 like Reset PC, Recovery Tool, System Restore, Startup Repair, UEFI Firmware Settings etc.
- Hold Shift Key till you click the Restart.
- Click Windows button at bottom-left.
- Click Power icon.
- Click Restart.
- Wait for some time, it will take you to Troubleshoot Screen.
- Click Troubleshoot option.
- Click Advanced options.
- Click “See more recovery options” link at bottom.
- Click Startup Settings.
- Click Restart button & wait for some time.
- Press numeric keys or function keys to choose options like for option 1) press 1 or F1
- There are three options of safe mode.
- If you want to troubleshoot in simple safe mode press 4 or F4 key to choose “Enable Safe Mode”.
- If you want to troubleshoot with internet support, press 5 or F5 to choose “Enable Safe Mode with Networking”.
- If you want to troubleshoot with command prompt support, press 6 or F6 to choose “Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt”.
- As soon as you choose an option, your computer will restart in safe mode.
- To go back from safe mode to original mode, simply Restart you computer.
- That’s it, You are done.
- If you like this post then don’t forget to share with other people. Share your feedback in the comments section below.
- How To Configure Gmail On Outlook | Grant Outlook Access To Gmail Account | Enable POP On Gmail
- How To Defragment Hard Disk In Windows 10 | Improve Computer Efficiency | Windows 10
- How To Run Disk Cleanup On Windows 10? | Free Up Hard Disk Space On Windows 10
- How To Shrink A Volume Or Partition In Windows 10 | How To Do Partitioning In Windows 10? | Disk Management