Bing Webmaster Tools is a free service powered by Microsoft Bing that allows website owners, bloggers and website publishers to submit their websites to the Bing index to check indexing status of their pages, tells you about website performance, errors, warnings, URL inspection, coverage, sitemaps, mobile usability, etc.
As you know that most of the people search content on Google, and this is one reason why website owners and publishers ignore other search engines such as Bing, but remember that by connecting your website to other search engines like Bing you can bring decent amount of traffic to your website.
The Bing Webmaster Tools provides you two options to connect your website (1) By importing data from your Google Search Console (2) By creating a new Bing Webmaster Tools account from scratch.
- Open the official website of Bing Webmaster Tools.
- Click “Get Started”.
- Sign-In with the Gmail ID that you have used to connect Google Search Console.
- If you are already signed-in with that Gmail ID, simply click. If you are not already signed in then enter that Gmail ID and Password.
- There are two options (1) Import your sites from GSC (2) Add your site manually.
- Click the “Import” button located inside the Google Search Console .
- It will show you an overview of your Google Search Console data like “Total Sites found”, “Importable sites” & “Total Sitemaps found”. If your Google Search Console is connected with more than one website, Bing Webmaster Tools will list all those websites.
- Click “Import”.
- Once your Google Search Console data is imported successfully it will show you a Congratulations message.
- Click “Done”.
- All your website’s Google Search Console settings and data will be imported in Bing Webmaster Tools.
- The Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tools have similar features and dashboard. If you have used Google Search Console there shouldn’t be any problem for you to use Bing Webmaster Tools.
- Click “SEO” from sidebar.
- Click “SEO Reports”.
- It will show you errors in your website and pages with severity level.
- Click the error type to see which pages have that error.
- Here you can see that it is also showing the recommendation action to remove error.
- Scroll down to “Page with this error” section to see all pages with that error.
- You must have heard lot about backlinks in SEO, as they are great source of traffic to your website.
- To see which websites and pages referring your website and pages, click SEO.
- Click “Backlinks”.
- There are two tabs “Domains” and “Pages”.
- Domains tab contains all those websites URLs from where traffic is coming to your website whereas Pages tab contains the Source URL & Target URL. The Source URL shows you the page of website where your website’s page link in inserted.
- There are lot of other things to explore on Bing Webmaster Tools like URL Inspection, URL Submission, Keyword Research, Site Scan, etc. By fixing the things that it suggests for your website and content you can make your website rank higher in Bing search results.
- If you like this post then don’t forget to share with other people. Share your feedback in the comments section below.