Do you want to enable/disable Blogger comments for individual blog posts and pages OR do you want to show/hide Blogger Comments Box and comments for whole website? You’re in the right place, we will guide you step-by-step.
Comments are one of the key components of a blog. They not only allow blog reader to leave feedback, questions or opinion, but also important from SEO point-of-view as well.
The search engines like Google emphasis on unique, original and solution-oriented content for good user-experience and better search rankings. From reader comments web-publishers get an insight about their content like what actually their readers want from them, and whether their content is helping them or not. The feedback helps them to improve their content.
When you respond to comments and help readers, you are actually making a profound relationship with your readers. It ultimately encourages them to visit your blog again.
Blogger provides a comment section at bottom of every page on which readers can post new comments and read old/previous comments. It also gives you the option to enable/disable comments on individual pages and show/hide comments section for whole blog.
- How To Enable/Disable Comments On Individual Posts/Pages
- How To Hide Comments Section For Whole Blog
Enable/Disable Comments On Individual Posts/Pages
- Open the blog post or page for which you want to enable or disable the comments. By default comments are enabled for every post and page.
- Expand the “Options” tab from the “Post settings”.
- It gives you three options (1) “Allow” (2) “Do not allow, show existing”. This option will not allow readers to post new comments but will allow them to see old/previous comments. If a reader will try to add new comment it will display, “New comments have been disabled for this post by a blog administrator.” (3) “Do not allow, hide existing”. This option will not allow readers to post new comments and will hide old/previous comments as well.
- Choose your desired option and check whether settings have been applied or not.
Hide Comments Sections For Whole Blog
- Go to Blogger “Settings”.
- Click the “Comment location” label.
- Choose “Hide” and click SAVE. The readers won’t be able to read old comments and post new comments on any post or page of your blog.
You can also see three other options for “Comment location” i.e (1) Embedded (2) Full page (3) Popup window. You can call them three different styles or layouts for Comments Box.
- The Embedded style is the default layout for Blogger Comments Box. The box appears at the end of the page, below the existing comments.
02. Full Page
- This is how “Post a Comment” link looks like.
- You can see that the Comment Box has been opened in a full page with previous comments. Half of the page is not visible here.
03. Popup Window
- This is how the Comment Box appears in a popup window with previous comments. Half of the page is not visible here.
So it was all about enabling/disabling comments for individual posts/pages and showing/hiding the comments and Comment Box for whole blog. If you like this post then don’t forget to share with the other people. Share your feedback in the comments section below.