How To Stop Google Chrome Ads Popping-Up At Bottom-Right Of Desktop
Are you fed up with the Google Chrome Ads popping up at the bottom-right corner of your desktop? You’re in the right place. We will guide you step-by-step on how to stop these popup ads and notifications permanently.
Google Chrome is the most widely used internet browser, so most of the websites and apps target Google Chrome to show their products & services through Chrome in the form of pop-up ads and notifications using cookies, spams and third-party apps.
These pop-up ads and notifications not only disturb you, but also effects your privacy and performance of browser and computer. A good anti-malware, anti-virus or registry cleaner program prevent your computer from such URLs and websites automatically.
Windows 10 also provides you the feature “Reputation-based Protection” which protects your computer from malicious or potentially unwanted apps, files, and websites. Read this tutorial to enable Reputation-based protection” on Windows 10:
- Block Pop-ups and Redirects On Chrome
- Block Notifications On Chrome
Most of the times pop-ups appear at bottom-right of your desktop. For instance there is a website https://r.mntz.life that stores cookies in your browser and then in short intervals you get pop-up notifications. You can see the website name in the pop-up ad.
1. Block Pop-ups and Redirects
- Click the “Three vertical dots” icon at the top-right of Chrome.
- Click “Settings”.
- Click “Advanced”.
- Click “Privacy and security”.
- Under “Privacy and security” section click the “Site Settings”.
- Click “Pop-ups and redirects”.
- Turn off the Pop-ups and redirects.
2. Block Notifications
- Go back to “Site Settings”.
- Click the “Notifications”.
- You can see that two malicious websites have been allowed to show notifications and pop-ups.
- Click on the “small arrow” to show more options to customize the permissions for a website.
- You can see that the website https://r.mntz.life usage is cookie.
- Its Notifications are allowed as well.
- You don’t need to change permissions here, only click “clear data” button.
- Now click the back arrow.
- Now in front of that website there will be three vertical dots which are “More actions” icon.
- Click the “More actions” icon.
- Click the Block option.
- Do this for all the malicious websites.
- Now you can see that both the websites have been moved to Block section.
- You are done.
- Now your Google Chrome will not display any notifications of pop-up ads.
If you like this post then don’t forget to share with other people. Share your feedback in the comments section below.