The purpose of the WampServer is to create an environment in you computer, so that you can execute a PHP project, which we call localhost.
It is used for the two purposes. One, it is used by web developers to develop and test websites before they upload website on live domain. Second, to run a web-based application that needs to be run locally on you computer, like web-based attendance system.
In this tutorial you will learn step-by-step to how to install WampServer on Windows 10 and how to run a website from localhost.
— Installation of Wampserver —
Before proceeding with the installation of Wampserver, you must ensure that certain elements are installed on your system, otherwise Wampserver will absolutely not run, and in addition, the installation will be faulty and you need to remove Wampserver before installing the elements that were missing.
Make sure you are “up to date” in the redistributable packages (Visual C++ Packages) VC9, VC10, VC11, VC13 , VC14 and VC15.
Do not install Wampserver OVER an existing version, follow the advice. Install a new version of Wampserver. If you install Wampserver over an existing version, not only it will not work, but you risk losing your existing databases.
Install Wampserver in a folder at the root of a disk, for example C:wamp or D:wamp. Take an installation path that does not include spaces or diacritics; Therefore, no installation in c: Program Files or C: Program Files (x86
We must BEFORE installing, disable or close some applications:
– Close Skype or force not to use port 80
– Disable IIS
Download Visual C++ Packages
— VC9 Packages (Visual C++ 2008 SP1)
— VC10 Packages (Visual C++ 2010 SP1)
— VC11 Packages (Visual C++ 2012 Update 4)
The two files VSU4vcredist_x86.exe and VSU4vcredist_x64.exe to be download are on the same page: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679
— VC13 Packages Update 5(Visual C++ 2013)
The two files VSU4vcredist_x86.exe and VSU4vcredist_x64.exe to be download are on the same page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4032938/
VC2017 (VC15) is backward compatible to VC20
Step by Step Installation of WampServer
- Go to http://www.wampserver.com/en/ to download the latest version of WampServer.
- Choose 64 bit or 32 bit according to your system type.
- Right click on My Computer icon on desktop to check your system type, whether it is 32 bit or 64 bit.
- Read these instructions.
- There are two options to download.
- Save the file on your computer.
- Click Setup file to start the installation.
- Choose English.
- Click OK.
- Click, “I accept the agreement” and click, Next.
- Click Next, if you are done with prerequisites, as mentioned above.
- Select the location for WampServer. Please do not install on C: drive. You will lose all your data in case of failure of Windows. So, choose some other drive. Location shouldn’t be inside the folder. It should be a main folder.
- Click Next.
- Click Install.
- Wait for the installation to be finished.
- If you want to change the browser, click, Yes, If not then Click, No.
- If Yes, then choose the browser.
- Click, Yes, if you want to set the Notepad as default text editor. You can configure a third-party software like Dreamweaver.
- Now fill the two parameters.
- You can use email of your choice. Write “localhost” in SMTP.
- Click “Launch” and “Finish”.
- Look for the Icon of WampServer at bottom right of your Desktop. If it is Green, then it means it is working properly.
- Type this URL on your browser http://localhost/ . It will show you this on your browser.
- Go to your installation folder.
- Open WWW folder, and place your folder inside WWW or create a new folder inside WWW.
- Access you project like http://localhost/yourproject .
- Make sure that you have an index.html or index.php as the main page on your project.
- For example, here Hotel is my project. It is placed inside WWW and there is an index.php, which will be executed first.
- Type this URL on your browser: http://localhost/phpmyadmin/ .
- Username is, “root” and Password is empty. You can set username and password later.
- Click new to create new Database.
- Type the Database name and click Create.
- Once the database is created it will appear in the sidebar.
Simple PHP program
- Write this code in your index.php file and run this http://localhost/”your project name” on your browser.
<?php echo 'Hey, I have Successfully installed WampServer'; ?>
- If you like this post then don’t forget to share with people. Share your feedback in the comments section below.
- How To Install & Configure XAMPP On Windows 10 – Step By Step | For Beginners
- How To Change The XAMPP Server Port In Windows 10 | XAMPP Apache Server Port | Fix Apache Port Error
- How To Install MAMP On Windows 10 Step By Step | How To Change The MAMP Server Ports
- How To Install WordPress On MAMP Server In Windows 10 – Step By Step | Install WordPress On Localhost