Have you noticed that Settings Icon of Twitter Trends disappears when you change the location of your Twitter Trends and that location does not show any active trend or trends. People often get frustrated when they don’t see the Twitter trends Settings icon in order to get back to their desired location.
When you change the Twitter Trends location to regions like Afghanistan or Jammu & Kashmir often you don’t see the active trends and Settings icon also disappears. Though apparently the Settings icon disappears and you unable to change the location from Trends section, but you can change the location from Twitter’s Settings & Privacy.
In this tutorial you will learn step-by-step to how to change the location of Twitter Trends when Settings icon disappears.
- Step 1 is just for the demonstration purpose like how Settings icon disappears when you change the location and there is no active trend or trends.
- We have clicked on the settings icon of “Trends for you” to change the location. Here the current location is Pakistan.
- Here you can see that the default location around us is selected.
- Whenever you want to set the trends nearby you tick the “Show content in this location”.
- Now to change the location of your Twitter Trends untick the “Show content in this location”.
- Click “Explore locations” & choose the region or country of which you want to see the trends.
- You can see that we have set the Trends location “Afghanistan”.
- You can see that there are no active Trends under the chosen location.
- You can also see that there is no Settings icon as well.
- You can’t change the location from here now.
- Now to change the location of your Twitter trends click “More” at your Twitter profile’s left sidebar.
- Click “Settings and privacy”.
- Under the Settings section click “Content preferences”.
- Click “Explore settings”.
- To set the Trends near your location or country tick “Show content in this location”.
- To choose a specific region or country click “Explore locations” and choose your location.
- We have changed the location to Pakistan and now you can see the “Trends for you” and Settings icon as well.
- If you like this post then don’t forget to share with the other people. Share your feedback in the comments section below.