In general you can can take a screenshot by simply pressing PrintScr button on Windows 10, but in case of windows 10 Login Screen you are not allowed to take its screenshot, PrintScr will not work there.
Since every problem has its solution, so you can still take a screenshot by doing a small registry hack. With this registry hack you can bring Snippet Tool on Windows 10 login screen. Snipping Tool is a standard tool for taking screenshots.
- Follow the steps:
Step 1: Turn Off The Real-time Protection Of Windows Defender
- Windows Defender’s real-time protection does not allow snipping tool to appear on Windows Login Screen, so before you add Snipping tool, you must turn off the Windows Defender’s real-time protection.
- Open Windows Defender.
- Click Virus & threat protection.
- Turn off the Real-time protection.
Step 2: Add Snipping Tool
- On Windows Search Bar, type regedit to open Registry Editor.
- Right click over it & open with Run as administrator.
- Now navigate to this location.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionImage File Execution Options
- Expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE directory by clicking on the arrow.
- Expand the SOFTWARE directory.
- Expand the Microsoft directory.
- Expand the Windows NT directory.
- Expand the CurrentVersion directory.
- Expand the Image File Execution Options directory.
- Now create a new Key on Image File Execution Options directory.
- Click Edit.
- Click New.
- Click Key.
- You can see that new folder has been created.
- Now Right Click on it and click Rename.
- Type utilman.exe
- Now Right Click on utilman.exe to enter the path of Snipping Tool.
- Click New.
- Click String Value.
- Right Click on NewValue#1 to rename.
- Rename it Debugger.
- Now Right Click on it & click Modify..
- Now Copy & Paste the below path in Value data & click OK.
- Note: If you turn on Windows Defender’s Real-time protection again, it could delete Debugger String. In that case you have to create this String “Debugger” again in the same manner.
Step 3: Take A Snapshot With Snipping Tool
- Now lock the screen by pressing Windows Key + L.
- Click on Ease of access button.
- Snipping Tool will appear at Login Screen.
- Select the Mode & click New.
- Now press the mouse button to take screenshot.
- Once you take a snapshot, click File.
- Click Save As…
- You can do Copy/Paste as well.
- Click Edit.
- Copy & Paste the snapshot on another app like Paint.
- That’s it. You’re done.
- If you like this post then don’t forget to share with other people.Share your feedback in the comments section below.
- How To Configure Gmail On Outlook | Grant Outlook Access To Gmail Account | Enable POP On Gmail
- How To Defragment Hard Disk In Windows 10 | Improve Computer Efficiency | Windows 10
- How To Run Disk Cleanup On Windows 10? | Free Up Hard Disk Space On Windows 10
- How To Shrink A Volume Or Partition In Windows 10 | How To Do Partitioning In Windows 10? | Disk Management