How To Convert WebP To JPEG & PNG Using MS Paint In Windows
Is your downloaded image is in the WebP format and you’re unable to open it on your image viewer? Don’t worry! You’re in the right place. In this tutorial we will guide you step-by-step on how to convert the WebP image format to JPEG & PNG image formats using Microsoft Paint in Windows.
WebP is an advanced next-generation image format developed by Google as a replacement of JPEG & PNG. This image format offers amazing size optimization and fast loading speed.
There are so many ways you can convert WebP to JPEG or PNG, but the simplest & most easiest method to convert WebP images is by using Microsoft Paint. MS Paint is a powerful and lightweight Windows tool which is by default installed with Windows in your computer.
- Right-click on the WebP image. You can see here that it is a WebP file.
- Hover your mouse arrow over Open With.
- Click Paint.
- Click Save icon at top-right corner or press CTRL + S.
- You can see that its format is HEIC(.heic).
- Click “Save as type” drop-down list to expand.
- Choose JPEG or PNG.
- Click Save.
- Paint will show you a pop-up notification “Any transparency will be lost if you save this picture. Do you want to continue?”.
- Click OK.
- Here you can see that the WebP image format has been converted to JPEG image format.
- Now you can open this image with any image viewer or editor.
Do You Want To Optimize Your JPEG & PNG Image Size?
Most of the blogging platforms do not support WebP image format means they don’t allow to upload WebP images. If you upload JPEG & PNG images as it is they will effect your website SEO because their size is larger as compared to WebP images.