Are you looking for the best NFT marketplaces by trade volume? You’re in the right place. I have handpicked one of the best NFT marketplaces by their all-time trade volume.
The Trade Volume or Trading Volume in context of NFTs is Number of NFTs traded in a market during a given time.
NFT stands for Non-Fungible Token. It is a unique and non-interchangeable digital asset that represents real world objects like photos, paintings/arts, videos, music, games, domains, tweets, trading cards, collectibles, etc, that can be bought and sold online with supported cryptocurrencies like Ethereum, Polygon, TRON, Flow, WAX, etc.
NFT marketplace is a platform/website that allows people to discover, create, buy, sell and store NFTs(Non-fungible tokens).
The first NFT project was launched in 2015 on the Ethereum blockchain.
A blockchain is an unchangeable decentralized digital ledger or shared database consisting of blocks(records) that is used to record transactions across different computers.
There are two important considerations for choosing an NFT marketplace:
- Kind of NFT(digital asset) you’re interested in buying, selling, or creating.
- Type of cryptocurrency(digital token) supported on a marketplace. Some marketplaces support more than one token whereas some marketplaces support only one token or proprietary token.
Below are the cryptocurrencies(digital tokens) supported in our listed NFT marketplaces. Some cryptocurrencies have the same name as blockchain platform like Polygon, Wave, etc.
- ETH: ETH(Ethr) is the native cryptocurrency of Ethereum platform, a decentralized blockchain-based platform.
- Polygon: Polygon is an Ethereum token that powers the Polygon Network, a platform/framework for connecting Ethereum compatible blockchain networks.
- Ronin Ronin is an Ethereum-linked sidechain built specifically for Blockchain games such as Axie Infinity.
- Flow: Flow is a developer-friendly, decentralized and fast blockchain made for a new generation of games, apps, and the digital assets.
- Solana: Solana is an extremely fast decentralized/public blockchain based on the Proof of History (PoH) and Proof of Stake (PoS) consensus. It is the big Ethereum competitor. A Proof of Stake is a mechanism used to validate cryptocurrency transactions.
- WAX: WAX(Worldwide Asset eXchange) also known as King of NFTs, is a carbon-neutral blockchain based on Proof of Stake system. Its primary focus is to make e-commerce transactions efficient, easier, and safer.
- Tezos: Tezos is a decentralized cryptocurrency and blockchain network based on Proof of Stake consensus. Its native cryptocurrency is tez denoted by XTZ.
- BSC: BNC(Binance Smart Chain) is a blockchain network built for running the smart contract based applications. The Smart Contracts are programs stored on a blockchain that run when predetermined conditions are met.
- Waves: Waves is a decentralized blockchain platform designed to create and launch custom crypto tokens, and build smart contracts.
- AVAX: AVAX(Avalanche) is one of the fastest smart contracts blockchain platforms with low costs and eco-friendliness. AVAX is the native token of the Avalanche blockchain used for paying transaction fees.
- TRON: TRON is an open-source, decentralized blockchain-based operating system with smart contracts and Proof of Stake as its consensus algorithm. TRX is its native cryptocurrency.
Note: Number of “Traders” and “Trade Volume” have been taken from the DappRadar.
OpenSea is one of the first and largest NFT marketplace that primarily runs on the Ethereum blockchain. You can create, discover, collect and trade exclusive NFTs with great ease. Art, Music, Domain Names, Virtual Worlds, Trading Cards, Collectibles, Sports, & Utility are some of the main categories on OpenSea marketplace.
You can explore Notable Drops, Top Collections, Trending NFTs, Browse by Category, Rankings, Stats, and much more. OpenSea is so flexible that people from other marketplaces like Foundation, Rarible, etc, can transfer their NFTs to OpenSea and trade there.
- Most Expensive NFT Ever Sold On OpenSea: The NFT Punk 9998# from CryptoPunks Collection was sold for 124.46K ETH (532.41Million USD).
- Supported Digital Tokens: ETH, Polygon
- Collections: 1 million+
- NFTs: 34 million+
- Traders: 647,730+
- All Time Trade Volume: $10.51 Billion+
02. Axie Infinity
Axie Infinity is an NFT-based online battling video game that uses Ethereum based cryptocurrencies AXS(Axie Infinity Shards) and SLP. It is one of the most expensive NFT collections.
Axies are fantasy creatures which are digitized as NFTs. Players can buy, sell, trade, raise and breed axies to battle each other and earn digital tokens. A new player has to buy at least 3 axies to begin playing.
- Most Expensive NFT Ever Sold On Axie Infinity: The NFT “Angel” was sold for 300 ETH
- Daily Active Players: 2,50,000+
- Supported Digital Tokens: ETH, Ronin
- Traders: 1,112,667+
- All Time Trade Volume: $3.18 Billion+
03. CryptoPunks – Larva Labs
CryptoPunks is one of the earliest NFTs on Ethereum blockchain. The CryptoPunks are 10,000 uniquely generated 24 x 24 character images stored on Ethereum blockchain. Characters include guys, girls, apes, zombies, aliens, etc.
All 10,000 Punks have been owned by people. In order to own a Punk you have to purchase it from someone. You can buy, bid on, and offer Punks for sale.
You can identify the status of each Punk from its background. Punks with red background are available for sale, Punks with blue background are not available for sale, and Punks with purple background have an active bid on them. You can find the attributes and status of a Punk on its profile page.
- Most Expensive NFT Ever Sold Of CryptoPunks: The NFT CryptoPunk #9998, a Female Punk with wild white hair, black lipstick and green clown eyes was sold for 124.46K ETH (532.41Million USD) on OpenSea NFT marketplace.
- Supported Digital Token: ETH
- Traders: 5,257+
- All Time Trade Volume: $1.65 Billion+
04. NBA Top Shot
NBA Top Shot is the first digital collectible that’s licensed by NBA(National Basketball Association) on FLOW blockchain. The epic real-life NBA highlights of incredible players are turned into digital trading cards which are called Moments.
There are around 500,000 collectors who have purchased a pack from NBA Top Shot. Each pack contains different Moments.
MBA Top Shot allows you to build a collection of your favorite NBA players. Once you build the NBA Top Shot collection show off the highlights that matters you the most. Challenges and Showcase Challenges are the best ways to earn Moment and pack rewards.
NBA Top Shot has 4 collectible tiers i.e. Common Tier, Rare Tier, Legendary Tier, Platinum Ice Ultimate Tier, and Genesis Ultimate Tier. First 3 Tiers are available in Packs whereas the last 2 Tiers are available through auction.
A Set contains group of moments with similar characteristics. Every moment and set belong to a series like Series 1, Series 2, etc. A Series features moments from specific time period like 2019 to 2020. All the sets are closed when a series ends. If a set is closed new players can’t be added.
Each set is associated with one of the 4 collectible Tiers. A Legendary Set will contain only Legendary Moments whereas a Common Set will contain only Common Moments.
- Most Expensive NFT Ever Sold On NBA Top Shot: In August 26, 2021 a Moment LEBRON JAMES was sold for $230,023. Its Set was “2020 NBA Finals” and Series was “Legendary”.
- Supported Digital Token: FLOW
- Traders: 474,780+
- Trade Volume: $728.76 Million+
Solanart is the first complete NFT marketplace on Solana blockchain. You can discover, explore, buy, and sell NFTs from 117 different NFT Collections and artists. Each Collection in Solanart marketplace shows Filters(Price Range, Attributes, Background, etc), Number of NFTs, Number of Owners, Floor Price, Volume Traded, and more…
Degenerate Ape Academy, Aurory, SolPunks, Galactic Gecko Space Garage, Bold Badgers Squad, Frakt, Meerkat Millionaires Country Club, Infinity Labs, Sollamas, are some of the top NFT Collections in Solanart.
- Supported Digital Token: Solana
- Traders: 136,929+
- All Time Trade Volume: $524.77 Million+
Rarible is a large NFT marketplace with wide range of collections, and categories. You can easily discover, create, sell, and collect NFTs. It contains Top Collections filtered by day, week and month, Hot Bids, Top Sellers filtered by day, week, and month, Live Auctions, Hot Collections, Explore, and Activity.
Some of the top collections in Rarible NFT marketplace are: BoredApeYachtClub, MutantApeYachtClub, Doodles, Art Blocks Factory, Jungle Freaks, Parallel, Cryptoadz, Cool Cats, KaijuKingz, CyberKongz, Sandbox’s LANDs, SHIBOSHIS, HeadDAO.
- Supported Digital Token: ETH
- Traders: 84,019+
- All Time Trade Volume: $265.03 Million+
AtomicMarket is a shared liquidity NFT market smart contract which can be used by any NFT marketplace/website to sell and buy AtomicAssets NFTs. Here shared liquidity means the NFTs or digital assets listed on one market also show on all other markets. AtomicHub, NeftyBlocks, NFTHive, Waxstash, chainchampss are top NFT marketplaces on WAX blockchain.
AtomicAssets is a standard for NFTs on the EOSIO blockchain technology. Anyone can utilize this standard to create, tokenize, buy, sell and digital assets on AtomicAssets marketplace.
- Supported Digital Token: WAX
- Traders: 804,221+
- All Time Trade Volume: $214.86 Million+
SuperRare is a peer-to-peer network(marketplace) built on Ethereum where you can collect and trade unique digital art works. Each digital art is authentically created by artists in the SuperRare network, and tokenized as crypto-collectible digital item that one can own/buy and trade.
One can find Live Auctions, Featured Releases, Trending Artists, Top Collectors, Market Stats, etc, on SuperRare marketplace.
- Supported Token: ETH
- Traders: 5,202+
- All Time Trade Volume: $179.42 Million+
Foundation is an invite-only NFT marketplace for creators and collectors, built on the Ethereum blockchain. The “Invite-only” means that a creator must be invited by a registered creator/member of Foundation who has already sold at least 1 NFT there. In other platforms like OpenSea you don’t need any invitation to be eligible for creating NFTs.
Bidding on Foundation marketplace is open for all collectors, they don’t need any “invitation requirement”. Currently Foundation offers 3 types of NFTs i.e Images, Videos, and 3d Artwork. There are over 100,000+ NFTs for sale on Foundation marketplace.
To re-sold your NFTs on other marketplace you can transfer your NFTs from Foundation to other marketplaces like OpenSea, Rarible, etc. On Foundation marketplace you can find Featured NFT, Trending Auctions, Collections, Featured Artworks, Featured Creators, and more..
- Most Expensive NFT Ever Sold On Foundation: The NFT “Stay Free” was sold for 2,224 ETH($9,585,729.12) on April 17, 2021.
- Supported Digital Token: ETH
- Traders: 21,603+
- All Time Trade Volume: $105.24 Million+
DigitalEyes is the first open NFT marketplace on Solana blockchain. You can create, collect and trade NFTs in different categories. The Collections are divided in two categories i.e. Unverified Collection and Verified Collection.
Some of the top collections are Aurory, Degenerate Ape Academy, Frakt, Galactic Gecko Space Garage, Meerkat Millionaires Country Club, Pesky Penguins, Solana Monkey Business, and Solarians.
- Supported Digital Tokens: Solana
- Traders: 60,615+
- All Time Trade Volume: $101.61 Million+
11. Solana Monkey Business
Solana Monkey Business also known as SMB, is an NFT marketplace on Solana blockchain. It contains a collection of 5000 unique randomly generated characters called SolanaMonkeys with traits/attributes and rarity system. Their data is stored in a permanent decentralized data storage called Arweave.
Each of the SolanaMonkey in the Collection is generated from over 99 possible traits/attributes spread over six different layers. A SolanaMonkey has its Type i.e Skeleton, Solana, Alien, Purple, etc, and Attributes such as Color, Ears, Mouth, Hat, Eyes and Clothes.
The rarity system assigns the price/value to an NFT(SolanaMonkey) in the collection based on its rarity. In this system each trait is given a score/percentage which is called “trait rarity score”. The NFT’s overall rarity score is the sum of all its traits rarity score.
Let’s say the price of SMB #3996 is 1000 SOL whereas the price of SMB #2524 is 218 SOL. You can see that there is a big price difference between the two NFTs. It means that SMB #3996 is more “Rarer” NFT than the SMB #2524 in the collection.
- Most Expensive NFT Ever Sold On Solana Monkey Business: The SMB #1355 was sold for 13027 SOL($2,920,434). A SolanaMonkey with skeleton type body, orange clothes and crown hat.
- Supported Digital Token: Solana
- Traders: 3,478+
- All Time Trade Volume: $91.34 Million+
Aavegotchi Baazaar is the marketplace for trading Aavegotchis. Aavegotchis are DeFi-focused pixelated game avatar on the Ethereum blockchain, backed by the ERC-721 standard. It runs on the Aave protocol, a DeFi protocol.
DeFi stands for Decentralized Finance, is a blockchain-based finance that does not require central financial intermediaries, exchanges or banks.
The value of an Aavegotchi(GHST) is determined by rarity level, which is calculated via multiple factors, such as base traits, amount of staked collateral, and equipped wearables.
- Most Expensive NFT Sold On Aavegotchi Bazaar: The NFT Portal #1 was sold for 75000 GHST
- Supported Digital Token: Polygon
- Traders: 7,919+
- All Time Trade Volume: $57.16 Million+
13. Hic et nunc
Hic et Nunc (H equals to N meaning “Here and Now”) is a decentralized crypto-art marketplace for experimental creators. It allows its users to manage decentralized digital-assets/NFTs, serving as a public smart contract infrastructure on Tezos Blockchain.
After the market’s founder Rafael Lima stepped back the community decided to take the Hic et nunc project into a decentralized autonomous organization (DAO).
- Supported Digital Token: Tezos
- Traders: 48,069+
- Trade Volume: $50.11 Million+
Decentraland(MANA) is a decentralized DAO 3D virtual reality platform powered by the Ethereum blockchain. Its users can create scenes, art works, challenges, etc, and buy and sell LAND, Estates, Avatar wearables, and Names.
A virtual space within the Decentraland is called Land divided into unique 16 X 16 parcels called Land Parcels. Each land parcel is a unique NFT.
The Total Land is 90,601 that includes 43689 private Land Parcels, 33886 District Land, 9438 Roads, and 3588 Plazas. The land parcels are purchased using the native cryptocurrency MANA.
- Most Expensive NFT Sold Ever On Decentraland: An NFT was sold for 2,000,000 MANA ($179,480 USD) on Mar-23-2018, Source.
- Supported Digital Token: ETH
- Traders: 6,553+
- All Time Trade Volume: $47.21 Million+
PancakeSwap is a fast-growing, large decentralized marketplace/exchange for buying and selling NFTs on BSC(Binance Smart Chain). PancakeSwap is built on AMM(Automated Market Maker) which relies on user-supplied liquidity pools to enable crypto/NFT trades.
CAKE token is at the core of the PancakeSwap market. The marketplace contains Collections of NFTs like Pancake Squad, Pancake Bunnies, etc. NFTs in these collections are randomly generated from hundreds of different traits with tens of thousands of combinations.
- Supported Digital Token: BSC(Binance Smart Chain)
- Traders: 53,115+
- All Time Trade Volume: $46.22 Million+
MakersPlace is a popular and secure invite-only NFT marketplace running on the Ethereum blockchain. Every digital-art/NFT on the MakersPlace is digitally signed by the creator/artist and permanently recorded and verified through Ethereum blockchain.
Creators/Owners of NFTs have the option to either set a Fixed Price or Accept an Offer from buyers. You can use the second option when you are unsure about the price of NFT.
- Most Expensive NFT Ever Sold On MakersPlace: The NFT “Everydays: the First 5000 Days” was sold for 42,329 ETH($69.3 million). It is the most expensive NFT ever sold on any NFT marketplace, created by the artist Beeple. The NFT is a collage of 5000 digital images made in 5000 days from May 1st, 2007 to January 7th, 2021.
- Supported Digital Token: ETH
- Traders: 4,687
- All Time Trade Volume: $25.42M
17. Waves Ducks
Waves Ducks is a collectable play-to-earn NFT game. It is centered on digital duck images in the NFT format which are called Wave Ducks, available for the active members of Waves Ducks ecosystem. Each duck has its rarity value. You can buy the Wave Ducks using its native currency EGG.
The game offers different types(generations) of Wave Ducks and 3 roles for players. You can choose a role or a combination of roles to build your own duck empire.
- Most Expensive NFT Ever Sold On Waves Duck: The NFT Saadlot(Lord on Red) with 100% rarity was sold for $14,874(1000 WAVES+)
- Supported Digital Token: WAVE
- Traders: 1,831+
- All Time Trade Volume: $23.61 Million+
Treasureland is one of the largest decentralized multi-chain NFT marketplaces on Binance Smart Chain. It supports NFT mint, cast, issuance, auction, and socialization. The main categories are: Game, Art, Defi, Utility, Collectibles, Trading Cards, Virtual Worlds, and Domain Names.
Wizardium, StarSharks, Kryptomon Game, Binopoly NFT, are some of the top NFT collections on Treasureland marketplace.
- Supported Digital Tokens: BSC, ETH, Polygon
- Traders: 23,580+
- All Time Trade Volume: $14.06 Million+
SolSea is the first NFT marketplace on Solana blockchain with integrated minting i.e. enabled creators to choose and embed copyright licenses when they mint NFTs. Alongside integrated minting it also introduced Rarity Rank in NFTs.
- Supported Digital Token: SOLANA
- Traders: 33,740+
- All Time Trade Volume: $12.44 Million+
BakerySwap is the first and largest Decentralized Finance marketplace on Binance Smart Chain. It supports both NFTs and AMM(Automated Market Maker) marketplace solutions on Binance Smart Chain. The native token of BakerySwap is CAKE.
- Supported Digital Token: BSC
- Traders: 8,904+
- All Time Trade Volume: $11.24 Million+
21. The Sandbox
The Sandbox is a community-driven gaming platform on Ethereum blockchain that allows users to build a virtual world using NFTs. On the Sandbox NFT marketplace you can explore and buy creator’s Assets, Lands, Gems, with SAND to integrate them into your LAND.
The SAND is an ERC-20 utility token built on the Ethereum blockchain, used as a basis of transactions and value transfers. There is a limited supply of 3,000,000,000 SAND.
- Supported Digital Token: ETH
- Traders: 6,054+
- All Time Trade Volume: $10.81 Million+
AirNFTs is one of the fastest, and cheapest NFT marketplaces running on Binance Smart Chain. Its main focus is to provide good user-experience and ease-of-use to create, buy, and sell NFTs. With just one click you can create NFT on AirNFTs marketplace.
- Supported Digital Token: BSC
- Traders: 14,256+
- All Time Trade Volume: $9.71 Million+
NFTrade is a cheap multi-chain and cross-chain NFT marketplace where you can buy, sell, swap, farm, and leverage NFTs across different blockchains.
Multi-chain allows you to access NFTs on more than one blockchain i.e Ethereum, Avalanche, BSC, and Polygon, whereas Cross-chain allows you to directly swap NFTs between different blockchains without using any intermediary or exchange service.
- Supported Digital Tokens: ETH, Avalanche, Polygon, BSC
- Traders: 5,132+
- All Time Trade Volume: $9.65 Million+
KnownOrigin is one of the largest artist-driven NFT marketplaces on Ethereum blockchain. It allows artist to create unique and authentic collectibles in the form of NFTs. On KnownOrigin there are two marketplaces (1) Primary Marketplace (2) Secondary Marketplace.
On Primary Marketplace you can discover NFTs by world class artists whereas on the Secondary Marketplace you can discover relisted NFTs by well known collectors.
- Most Expensive NFT Ever Sold On KnownOrigin: On KnownOrigin’s Hall of Fame the top ranked NFT is “The Bull” which was sold for 55 ETH.
- Traders: 4,961+
- All Time Trade Volume: $7.33 Million+
MegaCryptoPolis is an innovative, decentralized NFT-driven city-builder 3D game on Ethereum blockchain. Every asset in the game is an NFT(ERC-721 token) which can be bought and sold. The core assets of this game are: Land Plots, Buildings, Citizens, Districts, and Packs.
- Most Expensive NFT Ever Sold On MegaCryptoPolis: A game asset/NFT was sold for 75 ETH.
- Supported Digital Tokens: ETH, Polygon, TRON
- Traders: 1,558+
- All Time Trade Volume: $3.72 Million+
Altura is a next generation gaming NFT platform. It is one of the most powerful NFT minting marketplaces running on Binance Smart Chain. Altura introduced Smart NFTs in its videos games and applications. The smart NFTs have properties that can change depending upon certain conditions.
- Supported Digital Tokens: BSC
- Traders: 3,755+
- All Time Trade Volume: $2.3 Million+
Waxplorer is a marketplace where you can search and explore all other marketplaces on WAX(Worldwide Asset eXchange) blockchain for NFT/AtomicAsset sales and auctions.
- Tokens: WAX
- Traders: 30,564+
- All Time Trade Volume: $1.59 Million+
28. Ember Sword
Ember Sword is a “gameplay first” MMORPG(Massively Multiplayer Online Role-playing Game) on Ethereum blockchain. It is a player-driven economy that allows players to make money and earn rewards through in-game activities.
Every item/assets or land plots in the Ember Sword are represented by tradable unique NFTs.
- Supported Digital Tokens: Polygon
- Traders: 1,722+
- All Time Trade Volume: $1.56 Million+
Kalamint is the first community-owned NFT marketplace on TEZOS blockchain where you can create, sell and collect NFTs. Kalamint is also considered as a leader of the Clean NFT movement.
What is clean NFT? An NFT created/minted on a blockchain which is more environment friendly. The TEZOS blockchain works on Proof of Stake consensus that runs smart contracts. This approach is considered more environment-friendly as it generates less energy as compare to other blockchains. That’s why Kalamint is considered Clean NFT marketplace.
- Supported Digital Tokens: TEZOS
- Traders: 3,274+
- All Time Trade Volume: $1.48 Million+
30. SIGN Art
SIGN Art is a web-gallery and an NFT marketplace on WAVES blockchain. Every digital art is WAVES Blockchain certified Digital Art. You can create, tokenize, showcase, sell, collect, and buy NFTs on SIGN Arts marketplace.
- Supported Digital Token: Waves
- Traders: 317+
- All Time Trade Volume: $1.18 Million+
Venly is a peer-to-peer NFT marketplace with multiple blockchain support. Using its secure Tools like Minting APIs, Unity plugins, NFT distribution, you can create, manage, distribute and secure your NFTs on Venly platform.
- Supported Digital Tokens: Polygon, Binance, Hedera, Avalanche, and more..
- Traders: 345+
- All Time Trade Volume: $334.18 K+
Starly is a marketplace on FLOW blockchain for artists, collectors, and creators to build economies around gamified NFT collectible cards. NFTs are randomly organized in sealed packs with 3 different rarity classes.
Gamify is the process of adding games to something like a task or milestone to encourage participation.
Each collection is made in a set of 21 cards. Out of those 21 cards 11 are Commons, 6 are Rare, and 4 are Legendary. Collectors can trade(buy & sell) their cards on Starly marketplace to complete the full set. Creator pays rewards to top collectors for achieving the milestones.
- Supported Digital Tokens: FLOW
- Traders: 983+
- All Time Trade Volume: $273.74 K+
33. Myth Market
Myth Market is a marketplace for five sub-markets running on WAX blockchain. The sub marketplaces include (1) GPK.Market (2) GoPepe.Market (3) Heroes.Market (4) KOGS.Market (5) Shatner.Market. You can buy and sell trading cards on the first four whereas on the fifth you can buy and sell digital William Shatner Memorabilia.
- Supported Digital Token: WAX
- Traders: 3,327+
- All Time Trade Volume: $246.91 K+
NFTKEY is a decentralized NFT marketplace where you can discover, buy and sell NFTs from multiple artists and blockchains such as Binance Smart Chain, Fantom blockchain, Ethereum blockchain and AVAX blockchains.
- Supported Digital Tokens: ETH
- Traders: 66+
- All Time Trade Volume: $71.17 K+
So these were some of the best NFT marketplaces by trade volume. If you like this post then don’t forget to share with other people. Share your feedback in the comments section below.