Have you bought a domain and hosting and don’t know how to upload your website on your web hosting account? You’re in the right place. We will guide you step-by-step to how to upload your website on your Web Hosting account via cPanel and make it live on the internet.
When you purchase domain and web hosting the information like cPanel login details(Username, Password), cPanel URL, Email Settings, FTP Hostname etc, are provided to you by your web hosting provider via an email.
If you haven’t already bought a domain and web hosting or don’t know how to buy a domain and web hosting, read this Tutorial.
Follow these steps:
- Login to your cPanel via the URL provided to you by your web hosting provider. It will be similar to “https://www.cpanel.xyz.com”. Instead of “xyx.com” there will be your website domain.
- Enter your Username & Password.
- Click Login.
- Click the “File Manager” icon.
- The “File Manager” interface allows you to manage all your files and folders. You can Create, Edit, Upload, Download & Remove files & folders.
- Click or double click the “public_html” folder/icon.
- The “public_html” is the root directory where you upload all your website files and folders. In other words each page of your website loads from “public_html”.
- Now you are inside the “public_html” directory. Click the “Upload” icon to upload your website. All your website files and folders will be uploaded here.
- You can drag and put your files and folders directly into the dotted-border area.
- The second way to upload your files and folders is by clicking the “Select File” and browse the location.
- You can also upload the Zip File of your website files and folders and then extract the Zip File in the “public_html” directory.
- Once you upload your website go back to “public_html” directory and see whether your files and folders are uploaded or not.
- Open your website on a browser to see whether it is live on internet or not.
So these were some of the steps to upload website on your web hosting via cPanel. If you like this post then don’t forget to share with other people. Share your feedback in the comments section below.
- How To Install WordPress Theme From Zip File – Themeforest’s Theme Installation Guide
- How To Create Email Account With Domain Name – Business Email | For Beginners