WordPress started as a small blogging platform, but now it is one of the leading content management system having 59% of share in the web. This is massive! There are lot of reasons why WordPress is so popular, but one of the reason is its plugins that makes WordPress so flexible to use.
WordPress is also a very popular and secure e-commerce platform. WooCommerce is arguably the best performing e-commerce WordPress plugin today. Do you know that WooCommerce powers 39% of all online stores, but you need a very secure and fast hosting service for this extraordinary WordPress e-commerce plugin.
Speed and security are two most important factors for website particularly for an e-commerce site. From SEO point of view faster websites have better conversion rates and better search engine standings. SiteGround is the only hosting service on which WooCommerce plugin works at its best because SiteGround has advanced speed and security features.
SiteGround has been officially recommended for WooCommerce by Woo, WordPress.org and Yoast. It only takes few minutes to install WooCommerce on SiteGround and you can easily bring your Woo Shop to SiteGround just in few clicks using the Free SiteGround Migrator plugin.
In this post we will cover:
- Hosting Plans For WooCommerce
- How SiteGround Can Increases Your Sales With Faster Speeds.
- SiteGround Hosting Features
- How To Buy Domain & Hosting On SiteGround
- Why You Need Plugins For WooCommerce
Hosting Plans For WooCommerce
There are 3 hosting plans:
How SiteGround Can Increase Your Sales & Conversion Rate With Faster Speeds
For the success of any website particularly e-commerce website you need a hosting that must provide fast loading speed because faster websites rank better in Google search results and also improve your conversion rates as well.
To maintain the top performance and loading speed of a website SiteGround provides 3 technologies:
- Free Cloudflare CDN
- Smart Caching
- Ultra-fast platform
Free Cloudflare CDN
- The CDN massively speeds up your load time from different geographical locations for visitors. It not only speed up your website loading time it also stops malicious traffic and even reduces SPAM. The CDN network has 152 locations worldwide and growing so your page will be loaded from the one closest to your visitor.
- By default, SiteGround enables NGINX Direct Delivery for all sites on its servers, that makes certain items, like your images, will load faster and will be directly served by NGINX. The biggest impact on the WordPress loading speed is achieved by using the higher levels of SiteGround SuperCacher service. For online stores particularly, where dynamic caching may be a problem for shopping cart behavior, SiteGround monitors whether users have items in their cart and exclude them from caching.
- You can add SiteGround’s SG Optimizer plugin which is designed to provide top performance for WordPress sites and to support WooCommerce. There are lot of things which are included in SG Optimizer plugin like automatic image optimizations, CSS & HTML minifications, lazy image loading, GZIP compression etc. There is a special option to lazy-load WooCommerce products available for faster loading of your product pages.
- On SiteGround you can easily set the optimal PHP version for your WordPress through its plugin and start using SiteGround recommended HTTPS settings. Both these options will increase website loading speeds.
- SiteGround servers are located in some of the best data centers in the world and run on the latest SSD disks. There hardware is updated regularly. SiteGround provides multiple software speed enhancements like HTTP/2, Memcached, additional PHP optimization through the OPCache extension, and more.
SiteGround Hosting Features
Beside about features SiteGround also provides following amazing features:
- Free pre-installed SSL: SSL certificates protect the data transmitted through your site and make sure you meet the requirements of search engines that flag unsecured sites.
- Managed Updates: SiteGround always update your WordPress & WooCommerce automatically because keeping your WooCommerce application up-to-date with the latest version is an important step in maintaining a secure site.
- Daily Backups: SiteGround takes daily backups and keeps up to 30 copies. For some reason if your website breaks you can easily recover using backup restore. You can have on-demand backups as well.
- AI anti-bot system: SiteGround’s AI(Artificial Intelligence) anti-bot system effectively blocks millions of security threats every day.
- Safe staging tool: Often SiteGround customers maintain dynamic websites that require updates and changes as their businesses grow. These big changes can be risky so SiteGround allows you to test any major change in a safe environment that won’t affect your live site. Siteground has developed a tool that creates a copy of your site, allows you to work on the testing site, and then apply the changes to your live site with confidence in just a one click.
- Custom WAF: WAF stands for web application firewall. It filters, monitors, and blocks HTTP traffic to and from a web application. SiteGround security team create dozens of rules every year to keep track of WordPress & WooCommerce-related vulnerabilities and patching against exploit.
How To Buy Domain & Hosting On SiteGround
- It is pretty simple to buy domain and hosting on SiteGround.
- Go to SiteGround WooCommerce Official Page.
- Click GET PLAN of your desired hosting plan.
- If you want to register a new domain select “Register a New Domain” and enter the name of your domain and choose an extension like .com, .org, .net etc.
- If you have already a domain choose “I already have a Domain” and enter the name of your domain and choose the extension like .com, .net etc.
- Click PROCEED.
- Fill the information like Account Information, Client Information, Payment Information, Purchase Information, Purchase Information.
- Click Pay Now at bottom.
Why You Need Plugins For WooCommerce
One of the reasons why WordPress is the most popular platform because of its amazing plugins and themes. WordPress developers have created hundred of plugins for WooCommerce to make it more flexible, dynamic and different.
WooCommerce is a very popular e-commerce plugin and used by millions, so can all online stores be same or selling the same type of products? Probably not. This is where WooCommerce plugins play their role. These plugins are extensions to your e-commerce platform that will allow you to do a lot more with your online store. You can add plugins to WooCommerce according to your requirements.
These are some of the key features that WooCommerce plugins allow you to add to your site:
- Offer group deals
- Give discounts for purchases funneled through Facebook
- Generate auto-responders for purchases
- Add 2D product views of your inventor
- Offer shipment tracking.
Find the best and latest WooCommerce Plugins.
Find a responsive, attractive, mobile-friendly latest WooCommerce Themes & Templates.
Hire a WordPress Developer to customize your WooCommerce Plugin.