Are you located in Pakistan and want to buy a new domain and web hosting? You are in the right place. We will guide you step-by-step to buy domain and web hosting in Pakistan.
This guide is not only limited to buying a domain and web hosting, but also for all those who want to launch their own professional WordPress website/blog having zero knowledge of web development and web designing.
What is Domain? The Domain is simply the address of your website that you type in URL bar to access your website. It locates your website on internet like “www.meersworld.net/” is a domain.
What is Web Hosting? The Web Hosting is a space or location where you upload/install/manage the content & files of your website. Once you upload/install your website on web hosting it becomes live and people can access your website via the domain of your website.
How good or impressive your website maybe it needs a very fast and secure web hosting service.
- It decreases your website loading time
- Your website does not get down, remains up all the time
- A quality web hosting provides better security & reliability, your website remains secure from all types of online threats and vulnerabilities
- Your website ranks higher in search engines
- If you need any sort of help, troubleshooting or something happens to your website you get full online customer support
In Pakistan there are lot of companies which are providing the web hosting services, but Inspedium is one such company which is considered as one of the leading web hosting service providers in Pakistan, offering services since 1998.
Whether there is a high traffic website or a feature-rich busy eCommerce website, Inspedium’s fast servers with the CloudFlare content delivery network, website gets a super performance boost.
It provides an amazing 99.9% uptime. The uptime is the amount of time that a service is available and active.
- Server Firewall
- DDoS Protection
- Brute Force Detection
- RAID Redundancy
- Monitoring Tools
- IP Deny Manager
- Malware/Virus Scans
- SSL Certificates
Payment Methods? It supports all the modern payment methods that are accessible to common man like easypaisa, Jazz Cash or payment via your bank account online.
Popular Inspedium Clients: According to Inspedium, some of the top tech, automobile, media, cellular brands and government departments have put trust on Inspedium’s web hosting Like Channel Tek, Al-Abbas Group, AGN, YD, SAATCHI & SAATCHI, Shan, Aaj, GEO, ARY, Mobilink, HINO, ST, HUM, Mercedez-Benz, Jubilee, Kodak, McCANN Erickson and many more…
In this post we will cover following topics:
- How To Buy Domain & Web Hosting
- How To Access Inspedium Client Area
- How To Access Your cPanel
- How To Create Your Business Emails
- How To Install WordPress From cPanel
- How To Install WordPress Theme
- Important & Helpful Tutorials*
How To Buy Domain & Web Hosting
- Go to Official Website of Inspedium.
- Inspedium offers 4 Unlimited Hosting Plans, choose the Hosting Plan which fulfills your requirements.
- Click “GET STARTED” button of your desired hosting plan.
- You will be redirected to “Choose a Domain” section.
- Enter your desired domain name under the “Register a new domain” and choose the extension like “.com”, “.net”, “.org”, etc. Mostly SEO experts suggest to choose “.com” extension.
- Click “Check”.
- If your desired domain is available it will show you a message “Congratulations! Your_Domain is available!” along with its cost.
- It will also show you the relevant domain suggestions with different extensions and cost.
- Click “Continue” button at bottom.
- It will show you the complete cost and details of your chosen Hosting Plan & Domain.
- Choose your Billing Cycle. It is better to choose “12 Month Price or above” billing cycle because of two reasons (1) You get more discount (2) You have to pay your hosting charges once in a year.
- The “Unlimited Personal” hosting plan is the cheapest one, hardly costs around 35,00 PKR to 45,00 PKR per year which includes both web hosting and domain. Here we had chosen “Unlimited Basic” plan which is more costly than “Unlimited Personal”.
- Click “Continue”.
- Enter the coupon code TAKEITALL. If the coupon is validated you will see the discount in total amount. If it does not work simply continue with the Checkout.
- Click Checkout.
- Provide the required information like your Name, Email Address, City, Country, Phone Number, Country, etc.
- Enter a secure Password and choose a Security Question.
- The Email and Password will be used to access your Client Area.
- Choose a Payment Method i.e Easy Paisa, Jazz Cash or Bank Transfer.
- Tick “I have read and agree to the Terms of Service”.
- Once you fill the above form click “Complete Order” at bottom.
- It will show you an invoice containing the details like Account Number, Phone Number, Email, WhatsApp Number, Cost etc. Inspedium also sends you the invoice to your email account as well.
- Once you pay the invoice they will be notified. Also send an email containing the Snapshot of Payment Receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also WhatsApp the snapshot of Payment Receipt.
- Once they verify your payment, they will send you complete details of your web hosting like Client Area Details, cPanel URL, cPanel User Name, cPanel Password etc. Save this information in your computer.
How To Access Inspedium Client Area
- Go to official website of Inspedium.
- Click “Client Area”.
- Click “Account”.
- Click “Login”.
- Enter your “Email Address”.
- Enter your “Password”.
- Click “Login”.
- This is how your Client Area dashboard looks like.
- Click the “SERVICES” & “DOMAINS” to check the status of your domain and web hosting.
- Tickets show your all active communication with Inspedium’s support desk.
- This is the SERVICES section, shows your web-hosting’s Pricing, Next Due Date and Status.
- This is the DOMAINS section, shows your domain’s Registration Date, Next Due, Auto Renew, Status and Settings.
- To check your invoice click “Billing”.
- Click “My Invoices”.
- It will show your the status of invoice, here it is paid.
- Your Name and Email Address will already will be there.
- Enter the “Subject” of your email.
- Choose the “Related Service”, whether it is related to your domain or web hosting.
- Choose “Priority” whether it is Medium, High or Low.
- Click “Submit”.
The cPanel is a place from where you can upload/delete/edit/publish website, you can upload/create/edit/delete database, you can manage domains, organize web files, create email accounts, and more.
Here we are guiding you step-by-step, how you can upload your website from your cPanel. Even if someone else uploads your website you will have at least an idea that where your website is actually located.
- Login to your cPanel via the URL provided to you by your web hosting provider. It will be similar to “https://www.cpanel.example.com”. Instead of “example.com” there will be your website domain. Let’s say your domain is “www.technology.com”, the cPanel URL will be “www.cpanel.technology.com”.
- Enter your cPanel Username & Password.
- Click Login.
- Your cPanel Dashboard will be similar to this. You can explore plenty of things there. The “File Manager” interface allows you to manage all your files and folders. You can Create, Edit, Upload, Download & Remove files & folders.
- Click the “File Manager” icon.
- Click or double click the “public_html” folder/icon.
- The “public_html” is the root directory where you upload all your website files and folders. In other words each page of your website loads from “public_html”.
- Your “public_html” directory will be similar to this, currently it is empty. In the section “How To Install WordPress From cPanel” you will see “public_html” directory will have WordPress files and folders.
- You can click the “Upload” icon to upload your website. All your website files and folders will be uploaded here.
- Once you upload your website, open your website on a browser to see whether it is live on internet or not.
How To Create Your Business Emails
An email linked with a domain address is called business email or private email. Let’s say there is a domain “www.spaceresearch.com”. You can create business emails such as “email@example.com”, “firstname.lastname@example.org”, “email@example.com”, “firstname.lastname@example.org” etc.
There are many benefits for creating emails on private email server such as security, privacy, ownership etc. From professional perspectives the domain address in email creates a trust, like you are officially representing a business, website or a company.
- Login to your cPanel, as we have shown in the above section “How To Access Your cPanel”.
- In your Dashboard under the “EMAIL” section click “Email Accounts” link.
- There will be a one default email account that you use to login to your website’s admin section.
- There is also a limit for creating email accounts. In a basic hosting plan you can create 10 business email accounts. If you have a large business and hundreds of employees you can request your web hosting provider to update the package or increase the number of email accounts.
- Click the “+CREATE” button to create an email account.
- In the “Username” enter the name of a person, designation etc, like if you are creating for yourself it will be your name like “Rafay” or “Rafay Khan”.
- Always remember that email should not be complicated, should be easily spelled, typed and recalled.
- In the “Security” section choose the “Set password now” and enter a secure password that you can remember.
- In the “Storage Space” choose the size required for your emails. You have two options here i.e Fixed size and Unlimited Size. You can change the size anytime depending on your requirements. 1024MB is equal to 1GB.
- Click the “+CREATE” button.
- You can see that we have successfully created a new business email account.
- You will see three options in front of your email account i.e CHECK EMAIL, MANAGE & CONNECT DEVICES.
- The CHECK MAIL option is the link to your webmail’s mailbox where you can Open/Compose/Delete/Manage mails, as you will see in the next step. You can also open your mailbox by your webmail URL such as “https://www.webmail.example.com”. The “example.com” will be replaced with your domain.
- The MANAGE option is for Editing your email like Password, Storage Size etc.
- The CONNECT DEVICES option shows you the configuration to setup Mail Clients such as MS Outllook, Mailbird etc. The benefit of using mail clients is that you don’t have to login to your webmail interface again-and-again to check emails instead you will directly send/receive emails in your email client.
- This is how your webmail mailbox looks like similar to Gmail and Yahoo.
- This page displays you the Mail Client Manual Settings. You get this information when you click CONNECT DEVICES as we have shown above. Using these settings you can setup your email on mail clients such as Microsoft Outlook, Mailbird etc.
- Recommended settings are “Secure SSL/TLS Settings”.
- For “Incomming Server” use POP3 protocol and POP3 PORT. The POP3 & IMAP protocols are used for receiving emails.
- The SMTP(Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) is used for sending emails. We use it for “Outgoing Server”.
How To Install WordPress From cPanel
WordPress is the most popular content management system, a robust and user-friendly tool to create and manage websites and blogs. According to an estimate 38% to 45% websites on the internet are powered by WordPress.
Here we will guide you step-by-step to how to install WordPress from your cPanel.
- Login to your cPanel account as we have shown in the above section “How To Access Your cPanel”.
- On your cPanel dashboard you will see “WordPress Manager by Softaculous” icon under the Software section.
- Softaculous is an auto installer that helps to install commercial and open source web applications like WordPress, Joomla, Magento etc, on your web hosting account.
- Click the “Install” button.
- Now you have to fill some information here.
- In “Choose the version you want to install” select the WordPress version that you want to install. By default the latest version of WordPress is selected.
- In the “Choose Installation URL” settings select “https://” in “Choose Protocol” and select your domain in “Choose Domain”. Leave the “In Directory” field empty. If “wp” is already written in this field, remove it.
- In the “Site Settings” enter your website name in the “Site Name” and enter the website description in the “Site Description”.
- In the “Admin Username” enter a username.
- In the “Admin Password” enter a secure password.
- In the “Admin Email” enter you email. This is the information that you will use to login into your website’s admin section.
- In the “Select Language” choose your desired language.
- Leave these sections i.e “Select Plugin(S)”, “Advanced Options” & “Select Theme” as it is. If you wish you can go through these sections.
- If you want to choose a free WordPress theme you can choose one here, it will be installed with WordPress, but if you want to install a professional WordPress theme follow the “How To Install WordPress Theme” after this section.
- Click the “Install” button at the bottom.
- The installation process will be started…
- Once the WordPress is installed successfully you will get a Congratulations message.
- It will also show you the admin section link(Administrative URL) of your website. It will be similar to “https://www.example.com/wp-admin/”. The “example.com” will be replaced with your domain.
- Your WordPress admin section will be similar to this. You can publish posts, You can change settings, You can change/install themes, You can install/uninstall plugins, etc.
- All your WordPress/Website files and folders will be installed in the “public_html” directory. You can edit/modify/upload/download/remove files and folders there. We have already shown How to open “public_html” directory in the above section “How To Access Your cPanel”.
- The “wp-admin” directory contains the admin section files and folders whereas other files and folders are related to website.
- You can Create, Edit, Upload, Download & Remove files & folders here.
How To Install WordPress Theme
One of the reasons why WordPress is so popular is because of its amazing Themes and Plugins.
The Themeforest is the world’s largest theme marketplace which contains thousands of affordable WordPress themes for any type of niche or website like Portfolio, Freelancing, News & Magazine, Personal, Education, Corporate, eCommerce, Technology, Entertainment, Retail, Real Estate, Wedding, Sports, Gadgets, Gear, Fashion, Clothing, Photography, etc.
The benefit of buying a professional WordPress theme is that you don’t need to hire a web programmer or contact a software house to create a website for you. You can launch your website at very low cost.
Important & Helpful Tutorials
You have covered plenty of things like How to buy domain & web hosting, How to access Inspedium Client Area, How to access your cPanel, How to create your business email, How to install WordPress, and How to install WordPress theme.
Now go through these important & helpful tutorials:
- How To Create Sitemap In WordPress & Add Sitemap URL In Search Console | Yoast SEO
- How To Configure WP Mail SMTP For Sendinblue Mailer – WordPress | Beginners Guide
- How To View Google Analytics In WordPress Dashboard | Site Kit By Google
- How To Connect Website To Bing Webmaster Tools | Bing Search Console
- How To Connect AdSense With WordPress & Display Google Ads | Site Kit WordPress Plugin